True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
This does not apply to FF2, so don't worry there.

Remember in the earlier days of VSH2 when there was a chance a round would start with 2 hales instead of 1?
Why not bring that back? This was a fresh and new experience for long time players and was actually balanced the way it was added and extremely fun, it added a new challenge.

This is how double boss rounds worked:
  • When the server has 10 players or more, there was a chance (I think it was 10%) that the round would become a Double Boss Round.
  • The player that is supposed to become the hale next round will be picked as the secondary hale, so you can't just pick your friend that is also a god at hale.
  • Both hales only had 40% of their original maximum health to make up for being a duo.
  • RED's objective was to kill both hales to win, the hale can still win if his teammate died.
We have from time to time talked about double boss rounds in the past, most regulars really enjoyed it and we talked about "Remember the good times when there was double boss rounds?"

When asking around among the regulars, they were mostly positive to readd double boss rounds.

But this time, I suggest some changes:
  • Add a command where players can opt out of double boss rounds if they dislike having a teammate during their rounds. (/nodoubleboss)
  • Set the chance of a double boss round to 15% per round.
  • Allow /setboss to work with double boss rounds, it did not work last time.
Please leave your feedback below, thank you.

thehowl5657

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
As stated earlier by several users in this thread, the ability to not chose your partner really kills the concept for me and alot of others.
The player that is supposed to become the hale next round will be picked as the secondary hale, so you can't just pick your friend that is also a god at hale.
I can understand where you are coming from on this, but I don't see much of a difference if both hales were gods. If they are gods, they are going to win on their own solo round regardless, which would translate to Red getting stomped twice, rather than only once. What is the point of making a cooperative experience for hales if you cant even guarantee cooperation?
Add a command where players can opt out of double boss rounds if they dislike having a teammate during their rounds. (/nodoubleboss)
I also don't think this is a good idea, if I'm correct in reading that you intend for this feature to automatically apply to everyone. These kinds of features should not be on by default, as it would cause a large amount of newer players to get destroyed as hale even easier. It's all too common to see a newer hale just give up and let Red kill them or see people asking how to disable playing as hale. Just like opting out of playing hale with /noboss is optional, double hale rounds should also be an optional opt in only. They should not be enabled by default, and instead force players to willingly sign up for double hale if they choose to.

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
As stated earlier by several users in this thread, the ability to not chose your partner really kills the concept for me and alot of others.

I can understand where you are coming from on this, but I don't see much of a difference if both hales were gods. If they are gods, they are going to win on their own solo round regardless, which would translate to Red getting stomped twice, rather than only once. What is the point of making a cooperative experience for hales if you cant even guarantee cooperation?

I also don't think this is a good idea, if I'm correct in reading that you intend for this feature to automatically apply to everyone. These kinds of features should not be on by default, as it would cause a large amount of newer players to get destroyed as hale even easier. It's all too common to see a newer hale just give up and let Red kill them or see people asking how to disable playing as hale. Just like opting out of playing hale with /noboss is optional, double hale rounds should also be an optional opt in only. They should not be enabled by default, and instead force players to willingly sign up for double hale if they choose to.
Well, if people really want it, we can ask Bottiger for the ability to choose our teammates.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Well, if people really want it, we can ask Bottiger for the ability to choose our teammates.

Here's me askin'!

Let me choose my partner on double hale!
Those who are top tier Hales were gonna win anyway, I don't see any reason to not let them just pick their partner at that point.

MrLupin

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Double Bosses were a neat idea but when you are facing against two Vagineers or two good hales, then it's unfun. Also, involuntary double hales isn't fun as sometimes you want solo and not doubles. Either way, double hales isn't fun to fight or play against.