• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glein

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Rage? No, you have not seen rage. I was merely trying to educate you. TFC did not have integrated voice chat when it came out. That was a feature that was added much later. I thought you would have known this since you said you started playin it in '99. Guess you lied.

I never used voice chat in any game so I don't know about that. But it's not relevant to the topic of blocking text. I think DrRuelel is confirming that mute blocks voice and text. So that's that. If it were me raging and swearing at somebody who was right all along, I'd post an apology. So I'm really due by a number of people.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
After trying it, it appears to also gag. Could have sworn I remembered muting people and wishing I could mute their text as well.

voodooelectricj

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
After trying it, it appears to also gag. Could have sworn I remembered muting people and wishing I could mute their text as well.

Haven't tried it yet, but I agree with the wishing it would mute text as well. Maybe the feature was patched in at some point?

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
No. It's been like that since day one. And it was the same in TFC since at least 1999.
Again, no. There was no system of voting when TFC came out. Not for text or voice. That came later in a mod. In order to block someone's text when TFC came out you had to have rcon access and know the proper command. Think whatever you want, I will keep telling you that you are wrong.

glein

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Again, no. There was no system of voting when TFC came out. Not for text or voice. That came later in a mod. In order to block someone's text when TFC came out you had to have rcon access and know the proper command. Think whatever you want, I will keep telling you that you are wrong.

I'm being as patient as anybody can be. Again, I am NOT talking about voting. I was NEVER talking about voting. The only person talking about voting is YOU. It's comical at this point.

What I and everybody else for the past couple of pages has been talking about is muting/gagging/whatever people by pressing esc, mute player, and then the player's name. That's it. No voting. No TFC admin mod. No TF2 voting mods. Nothing. We're talking about the FACT (now confirmed by two other people) that "mute player voice" or whatever the option is, blocks both VOICE and TEXT.

I used caps not to yell, but for emphasis. Hopefully you get it this time.

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm being as patient as anybody can be. Again, I am NOT talking about voting. I was NEVER talking about voting. The only person talking about voting is YOU. It's comical at this point.

What I and everybody else for the past couple of pages has been talking about is muting/gagging/whatever people by pressing esc, mute player, and then the player's name. That's it. No voting. No TFC admin mod. No TF2 voting mods. Nothing. We're talking about the FACT (now confirmed by two other people) that "mute player voice" or whatever the option is, blocks both VOICE and TEXT.

I used caps not to yell, but for emphasis. Hopefully you get it this time.
Now your gettin belligerent, yelling at a regular member of the community isn't going to help your case at all.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Again, while remaining as patient as possible, allow me to quote you so that your meager intelligence can comprehend it.
No. It's been like that since day one. And it was the same in TFC since at least 1999.

My point here being that the only way to block text in the original release of TFC was to issue an RCON command. There was no option to mute their text in the ESC menu as you are saying.

glein

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Now your gettin belligerent, yelling at a regular member of the community isn't going to help your case at all.

A guy who rages, uses profanity at me, and insults me as a result of HIS MISREADING is somebody deserving of the utmost respect? Especially when this person was RIGHT the entire time? Really? Because he was here longer?

No. I was right. He was wrong. He was also abusive. And needlessly so. So were you. There's no need to "help my case". It's already been established that I was right. If you were an adult, you would apologise.

glein

Scarcely Lethal Noob
My point here being that the only way to block text in the original release of TFC was to issue an RCON command. There was no option to mute their text in the ESC menu as you are saying.

I think you're wrong about that, but this was over 10 years ago. Maybe in the early days of TFC you couldn't block text.

But who cares? Let's just assume you're right. Fine.

Now we're playing TF2. And you can in fact block text in Team Fortress 2 via the method that I described.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
A guy who rages, uses profanity at me, and insults me as a result of HIS MISREADING is somebody deserving of the utmost respect? Especially when this person was RIGHT the entire time? Really? Because he was here longer?

No. I was right. He was wrong. He was also abusive. And needlessly so. So were you. There's no need to "help my case". It's already been established that I was right. If you were an adult, you would apologise.
You sir, are a joke. To be quite honest I have found your infantile rage to be of the utmost amusement. There are no rules, or guidelines which state that I, in any way, must be polite to you. This is the internet. If you can't handle my profanity, perhaps this isnt the community for you? lol

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor

He's not rageing, I haven't seen any profanity directed at you and the insults are your own doing, and why would I need to apologize? I have done no injustice to you and so has no one else. And because you were right about one thing doesn't excuse you from the main point of this thread.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I apologize for contributing to the derailment of this thread and nothing more. Perhaps we should get back on topic, which is, if I am not mistaken, people voting to mute/gag you because you say "pwned" every 30 seconds, correct?

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I apologize for contributing to the derailment of this thread and nothing more. Perhaps we should get back on topic, which is, if I am not mistaken, people voting to mute/gag you because you say "pwned" every 30 seconds, correct?
That is correct.

Bottiger

Administrator
Forcing everyone else in the server to do a personal mute/gag against you is annoying, especially when it gets reset after a reconnect. That's why we have vote-silence and it isn't going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.