Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
those conniving Jewish bastards

I'll hate them forever, unless they release a third sequel to anything, at this point

ConanOFryin

Unremarkable User
I assume the Mountain Lab server got shut down. Although I stopped going there for greener pastures, it's a pretty sad day for everyone who went there and tried to make the community what it was.

There's been a pretty subtle trend as of late. Most servers do not have established communities anymore. Prior to 2011 or whatever, people playing in most servers were pretty involved within them. They knew the admins, rotation, and a good number of the players playing. Now, however, it seems like most players just search through the browser or quickplay for a server that's playing a map or gamemode they like. You'd be hard pressed to find a server with a recurring playerbase. People like to point fingers at Free to Play for TF2 changing so dramatically, but Quickplay itself is the guilty one here.

Whatever the case, valve will soon feel the ripples of this happening. Despite the activity of TF2 being pretty even lately, a lack of permanent and engaging servers will give very little incentive for people to return or keep playing. Hopefully this all gets sorted out