DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Sent Eric and Fletcher something, written as a regular TF2 player speaking of community servers in general rather than name-dropping Skial. Maybe those omissions will actually get me somewhere.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Haven't seen it.

oi3l5oy.png

Zefyre

Gore-Spattered Heavy
IMO Goldrush NY should've been shut down instead of the other ones. If its lucky, it gets like 3 people throughout the day

Stevie J

Unremarkable User
Please do not close 24/7 Dustbowl NY. It's practically the ONLY place I play. If it were to go down I'd probably stop completely. Became addicted to this game the past few months and the ping on that server is perfect for me and Dustbowl is my fav map. I rarely play anywhere else. Here's part of the email I just sent to BOTH Valve addresses posted. I encourage anyone to copy parts of it, but PLEASE EMAIL VALVE. "Strength in numbers" people. And, obviously it's a money thing from Valve's perspective... they're trying to make it proprietary.

"Hello, My name is ... I've spent $ on items for this game and almost exclusively play on Skail's NY 24/7 Dustbowl servers. Dustbowl is my favorite map, and I've built some great friendships and had a ton of fun there. I'm writing to urge you to take this into consideration concerning the new changes to the quickplay server structure. I do play the Valve servers once in awhile, but they are not as close with as low of a ping and this makes a major difference. I will most likely stop playing if Skial goes under which is a shame because I have a decent amount of money to spend at the Valve Shop. I urge you to please take this server into consideration. I do not want to lose the community, nor my 24/7 Dustbowl, nor the ability to use my Halloween hats etc.. I am in no way affiliated with Skial, I'm just a user who is happy there and very upset from the possibility of it being lost. I hope you can understand and are willing to help. Thanks for your time"

PS... I actually signed up for the forums to post this and I really will stop playing if Dustbowl NY goes under. Hope you all can take a minute out of your day to write Valve and show your support.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Why are you blaming Valve when TF2's player base is shrinking monthly?
let's see. TF2's player base has been shrinking monthly since the release of DOTA2 which was developed by… Valve

just for fun, let's look at the five most helpful reviews on the Steam page:
Causes anxiety problems, low self esteem, Tourette's syndrome, mood swings, Bipolar disorder, breakdown of relationships, raging erections, racism. Would definitely recommend.
THE BEST LANGUAGE LEARNING TOOL ON THE INTERNET. LEARN TO SPEAK SPANISH, RUSSIAN, AND PORTUGUESE FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF YOUR SELF-ESTEEM AND FAITH IN OTHERS

GET THIS FREE AS HECK GAME
Hours of fun, all you have to do is select in which Russia you want to play today!
ruined my life! 10 /10 best game
Before playing this game I thought Brazillians were only bad at soccer.

ЯS6 Augar

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Привіт!! Приємно бачити Українців ) хочу на цьому форумі розпочати продавати ключи доти
Радий тебе бачити, а також. На жаль для мене. Я бідний, як бруд.

Bottiger

Administrator
It isn't an issue of tf2 becoming less popular. You can easily see how many people are playing TF2 here.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats

We had more servers full when there were 10,000 fewer people playing. The change by Valve is 100% to blame for this.

I will most likely stop playing if Skial goes under.

We are not closing entirely any time soon. We have wisely saved up so we do not need to instantly close servers the moment they can't support themselves.

However with these new changes eventually every community server similar to "vanilla" gameplay will eventually die out. The players coming from quickplay has been reduced by more than 66% and these mostly new players are critical to keeping a player base alive.

When people realize that Valve is draining so many players they may be less likely to attempt to seed community servers.

Last edited:

ЯS6 Augar

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
It isn't an issue of tf2 becoming less popular. You can easily see how many people are playing TF2 here.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats

We had more servers full when there were 10,000 fewer people playing. The change by Valve is 100% to blame for this.

We are not closing entirely any time soon. We have wisely saved up so we do not need to instantly close servers the moment they can't support themselves.

However with these new changes eventually every community server similar to "vanilla" gameplay will eventually die out. The players coming from quickplay has been reduced by more than 66% and these mostly new players are critical to keeping a player base alive.

When people realize that Valve is draining so many players they may be less likely to attempt to seed community servers.
Wtf is football manager?

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
let's see. TF2's player base has been shrinking monthly since the release of DOTA2 which was developed by… Valve

just for fun, let's look at the five most helpful reviews on the Steam page:

Link me to these, please.

(Checked steam page, 'no public reviews']