(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Can we change the map back to what it was before (trade_bm_tower)
This is turning into US2. Where people just play and don't trade. And yesterday it was very long empty. It doesn't even look nice in my opinion.
Any other opinions on the map?

Reactions: Pillow and Anya

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Because people shouldn't play on a trade map. They should trade. People who just play take up slots.
But weren't you the one who complained that the server was quite empty a couple of days ago? This is a solution, which of course has some cons too,but the best we have unless you pull out 20-30 people who only wish to trade from your magic back pocket.

I'd really like to see your suggestion, apart from asking people from here to idle there.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
I complained about it yes. It's the same problem if the server is empty or if the people on it don't trade. In both cases you don't get trades.
Idling on a server where people trades catches more people who will then eventually start trading.
If you just play you don't focus on trading.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I just don't see why are people who are idling there instead of trading better than people who're playing there instead of trading. Idlers attract more people but players don't? They look the same when you browse the lobby and if you idle you don't focus on trading either.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
If others play the people who join will play too. If some idlers are on a server where nobody plays the people who join won't play but trade.
Don't try to act more stupid as you already are Rvsz.
If people want a surf map then ask Bot if he makes one but don't label it trade server.
Think before posting. Actually just think, don't post.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
No point arguing with you, if you don't want to understand it you won't.

ps: you're an asshole

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
US20 has two people playing on it right now.
The map obviously didn't attract more people (obviously since the map sucks)

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Change it to koth_nucleus, we Skial doesn't have any servers for that map...

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Trade maps should just be two spawns with a small central area with a boxing ring for spycrabbing/boxing.
That's what I've been telling Bottiger. I asked him if he can't put a map on it with has a boxing ring in the middle and 2 spawns. That's all you really need. I think our mapper refused to make one of these maps he said.
Thank god I'm not the only one here thinking that.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Here's the thing: People like interesting trade maps. People go to us2 because it's a Portal 2 map. I hate that map. I hate the music. But people love Portal.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Here's the thing: People like interesting trade maps. People go to us2 because it's a Portal 2 map. I hate that map. I hate the music. But people love Portal.

People go there because they can play on it. The traders who trade on US-Skial Trade Servers get poorer and poorer because all the rich ones leave since people don't trade on the servers. The EU-Trade server still has rich buyers and sellers.
And people might love the maps but traders don't. And it's supposed to be a trade serve if I red the name of the server correctly. US20 is worse since it is mostly empty and no the traders on it are even more poor. When it was falsely labeled "Unusual Trade Server" actually sometime a few rich guys came in and trade some stuff..

I'm giving up on this issue though. It seem it's going nowhere. I understand you guys want full servers and if those maps give you full servers then that's best for you on the short run but on the long run you will lose many traders.

Pillow

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
1) The portal trade servers sucks which I stated many times before.
2) It's better than most other trade maps
3) Yes they would.

I'm already tired of trading on US2 and if US20 will turn into another shit trade server then the only Skial Trade server I will use will be the EU Trade server.
I can't even find offers for Max Heads on any skial trade server anymore. The people on there get poorer and poorer and they just play. So mostly I just decided to trade elsewhere now when it comes to high-end items.

Argee. The portal server is laggy as crap. The map just suck. trade_bm_tower is much better cuz you have to get out of the Safezone to fight. which nobody would. THey will just sit at spawn, throw some jarate, punch some dudes, uber somebody and at the sametime spamming the chat =)

@piero
1) Take a look at our portal trade server, there are always people fighting, but the amount of trading is still high.
2) Surf maps are still better than trade_bm_tower. Sorry to the maker
3) If they came to only surf, would they really do it in a trade server?

1) The portal server is laggy as crap. And the map just sux and it looks UGLY.
2) How about the people who DOES NOT like surfing?
3) They would come and surf because they can. They don't really care about the chat and stuff.

Reactions: (cYs) Del Piero