(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Can we change the map back to what it was before (trade_bm_tower)
This is turning into US2. Where people just play and don't trade. And yesterday it was very long empty. It doesn't even look nice in my opinion.
Any other opinions on the map?

Reactions: Pillow and Anya

Bottiger

Administrator
It nearly emptied out on Thursday and Friday. I had to do something about it.

We are still running the same map on the European trade server.

FchXW.png

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Trade_bm_tower is pretty full on the EU server.
Is it possible to change the map at least every hour or so if not 24/7.
But I guess you need people you your servers so if it was the maps fault I understand that you changed it. It's stilly pretty ugly though.

Bottiger

Administrator
I think the problem with trade_bm_tower is that people need to walk a bit in order to shoot around.

People eventually get bored of just sitting there spamming trades, so they need something to shoot.

Otherwise I think the map is very good.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
hey bott if you still use the minecraft map on us20 can i suggest changing it to the one with the boxing ring in the middle?
that version is awesome

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
I suggest using something like trade plaza where you also have a boxing ring in the middle but no weird graphics (people who don't like minecraft don't like minecraft maps)

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Changing map in every hour is stupid, noone likes to wait for the new map to load if they don't need to. It happened to me once that a trade server changed map, didn't get the best feedback from the users...
I was on US20 for a couple of minutes, I think it looks good, at least you can do other things than messing with your sticky jumper.

Boldat

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Maybe we can make it a "Trade and Surf" Server. It makes an interesting trade server, and it gets us that surf server we wanted.

Boldat

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Fuller trade servers attract more people looking to trade.
But I see your point.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
If a trade server is full with 32 people and all they do is play than we don't need to label the server "trade server".

Boldat

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
@piero
1) Take a look at our portal trade server, there are always people fighting, but the amount of trading is still high.
2) Surf maps are still better than trade_bm_tower. Sorry to the maker
3) If they came to only surf, would they really do it in a trade server?

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
1) The portal trade servers sucks which I stated many times before.
2) It's better than most other trade maps
3) Yes they would.

I'm already tired of trading on US2 and if US20 will turn into another shit trade server then the only Skial Trade server I will use will be the EU Trade server.
I can't even find offers for Max Heads on any skial trade server anymore. The people on there get poorer and poorer and they just play. So mostly I just decided to trade elsewhere now when it comes to high-end items.