CarterTHC

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Hello!
I play a lot on the Skial 2Fort US +1 server. Recently all items, weapons, effects and even skins were released on the server. Is there any chance of getting that change undone? Maybe even just for that server?

The whole point of uncrating and purchasing weapons is to look different from one another. Not only that, many users know how much items and weapons are worth. The unlock makes everything basically worthless. Most users are now wearing these crazy unusuals which give off performance heavy effects, causing the server to lag and spike more than I've ever felt before. Aiming's no fun now either.

Thank you for keeping TF2 servers alive!
CarterTHC

Codeseven

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I agree. It's quite disruptive to say the least. So many of the unusual effects are so intense you can hardly see who you're shooting at. Not to mention it's already being exploited for that very reason.

Bottiger

Administrator
But the hat command already allowed people to use those unusuals already. This feature is intended to attract people to the server and seems to be fulfilling that purpose.

Bottiger

Administrator
For all the people wanting more FPS, you can now hide all wearables from all players.

gWhZFD1.jpg

Codeseven

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
While that works, it also disables anything you're wearing as well even regular items. Just to clarify I changed my heavy loadout and it looked like I had nothing on and had just started playing tf2 with base weapons, no hat..etc. Is that a bug or by design?

Bottiger

Administrator
Weapons aren't touched. And yes it hides ALL wearables for maximum FPS.

Other people will still see you wearing something. I don't see why you would care about being able to see your own wearables since they aren't visible in 1st person.