• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I just love how you admins are supporting each other, while i get blamed of "bringing my little buddies in here"
Admins are supposed to follow and enforce rules. Not advancing the objective in the game is considering griefing. If you don't like that rule, don't blame the admins for doing their job, blame the rules. If you don't like them, make a suggestion about changing them in the Suggestion forum.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
I just love how you admins are supporting each other, while i get blamed of "bringing my little buddies in here"
not every one who commented on this thread is a admin we are just trying to help you understand that you got banned for a legit reason and you aren't getting unbanned so you are wasting your time making invalid arguments

Yahoo

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
How has this man spited you that you stoop this low?

Most people in this thread aren't admins, just forum scum.
Then tell me, please. Why can they view this appeal and write stuff that has like nothing to do with anything here? It just makes spam. I posted that appeal to an admin, not to some people who "wannabe" mods.

Yahoo

not every one who commented on this thread is a admin we are just trying to help you understand that you got banned for a legit reason and you aren't getting unbanned so you are wasting your time making invalid arguments
Legit reason being? Standing and waiting for somebody to highfive me? yes, i deserve to be banned and sent to hell.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Then tell me, please. Why can they view this appeal and write stuff that has like nothing to do with anything here? It just makes spam. I posted that appeal to an admin, not to some people who "wannabe" mods.
Members can provide input in terms of witnessing an event (such as hacking) when the situation arises.
Legit reason being? Standing and waiting for somebody to highfive me? yes, i deserve to be banned and sent to hell.
Legit reason being it's considered griefing on Skial and is against the rules.

Yahoo

If I may; Skial servers are pub servers so the people who join expect "normal" TF2 gameplay - Red and Blu killing eachother, and players (hopefully) following the objectives. When you start doing things like being friendly to the enemy team, and / or doing nothing but high five taunts then you're being useless to your teammates.

It is a pub server so its not super serious game play, but it still is normal TF2 game play that is generally taken seriously. Your actions take away from that seriousness and impede your team in a negative way by not contributing.

The people joining Skial servers are joining to expect normal TF2 game play, so if they see a bunch of players not killing one another and giving eachother high fives then chances are they're going to go to a different server.
I hope that you're kidding, right? If i decide to go and kill people with my fish, then should i get banned because i wasn't doing my best and should use better weapon?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
One day ban, about to expire in three hours, and people are still on this like it's a month ban for repeated racism.

Why not just do something else for those three hours, and not have a repeat of this later on? You get to play on Skial servers, and people don't have to deal with this. Simple, really.

Yahoo

What i understand by word "grief": making a teleporter trap so your team mates get trapped. THAT is a real grief, making it impossible for your team to fight. Not standing alone and high fiving people. That is just ridiculous!

Yahoo

One day ban, about to expire in three hours, and people are still on this like it's a month ban for repeated racism.

Why not just do something else for those three hours, and not have a repeat of this later on? You get to play on Skial servers, and people don't have to deal with this. Simple, really.
It's not about the money, it's about sending the message.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
What i understand by word "grief": making a teleporter trap so your team mates get trapped. THAT is a real grief, making it impossible for your team to fight. Not standing alone and high fiving people. That is just ridiculous!
In both cases you're not helping the team, however.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
You fail to see that tele trap is affecting your whole team and you're just being an asshole, while 1 person standing and waiting to high five is being polite.
It's still not considered helping your teammates. That is how the rule is defined - you're not helping your teammates, whether it's through sabotaging for them or not doing anything constructive at all.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
I personally agree that we should work to define the rules a little better; "harming your team" is too broad to be enforced effectively. Often times when it does get used, it ends up with an awkward flipflop of arguing whether or not that moment of shenanigans was worth taking action over.
Some members of the admin team will ban for minor things like a few minutes of silliness, and some are tolerant enough to sap teleporter traps instead of banning for them.

However, this isn't my case and I was not a witness to the severity of the event, so I'm going to have to side with HIMYM.

Also tomat, stop playing moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.