Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Turbine Pro - us29.skial.com - has been launched!

Skial is now offering a new 24/7 32-slot Turbine Pro server! All the fun of the beloved Turbine, with more possibilities, less spam, enhanced visuals... It has it all:

*Note that this is usually the version used in tournaments such as UGC's Hignlander.
**The map on the server has a few additions not shown in the video. (e.g. 1, 2)

Differences (source/download):
1. Added one new way from center to lobby.
2. Modified exit from pipe.
3. Pipe is now wider and higher.
4. Modified ceiling in the intelligence room.
5. Modified stairs the center.
6. Added small ammo packages in center.
7. Near the respawn room there are small ammo and health packages.
8. Modified the window in lobby.
9. Modified map lighting.
10. Now you can walk around the generator under the ladder in the center.
11. The distant fence in the intelligence was removed, so the area was increased.
12...and more!!

Fixes (source/download):
1. Now you will not touch the lamps in pipe and will not slow down when you walk in pipe and lean on one side of it.
2. The turbine sound is now more quiet.
3. The gas balloon in the passage to blue lobby is now a material.
4. Removed the flattening in angles (near health pack) in lobbys.

Time to give it a try, and spread the word!!

Cheers,
Oli

From my original post:
I've been a huge fan of the Turbine map, and play on Skial US5 all the time. I'm also a new donator to Skial! I'm quite happy to see people returning to the Turbine server, and fill the 32 slots most of the time (even at 5 AM!).

Would it be possible for Skial admins to give it a try for 7 days or so, as we usually see Turbine fan returning almost on a daily basis... Another way to try it out would be to add it to the map rotation loop (e.g. 2 classic Turbine, then 2 Turbine Pro). Popularity of the map could decide! Guys, have a look and let yourselves be heard if you would like to see this version in the Skial server. I would suggest it very strongly!

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
To Bottiger/admins: I have no idea is this is even an option, but should the map get a hit, I could come forward and would be willing to cover the cost of the new server. After all, Botting confirms that the classic map will no be replaced, so there would need a place for it somewhere... Skial would be the online pub server offering this competition map.
Yep, you would be the only hit in the search box for comp play people that want some casual exposure to the map.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
To Bottiger/admins: I have no idea is this is even an option, but should the map get a hit, I could come forward and would be willing to cover the cost of the new server. After all, Botting confirms that the classic map will no be replaced, so there would need a place for it somewhere... Skial would be the online pub server offering this competition map.

Skial has multiple dedicated servers, each one running many TF2 servers. Bottiger said he'd probably place it on the us29 slot.

Nacasius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
As long as both maps are up at the same, this idea sounds good.
Would be nice to see this map.

Reactions: Oli

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Is it on us29? It never popped up as an option for me, it was always the regular turbine.

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Great to hear! Will be there tonight, hope people give it a try. It might take a little time to get the word around and for people to adopt it, but I can't imagine the majority of Turbine regulars not loving it. Cheers!

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Thanks Bottiger for the update to ctf_Turbine_Pro_rc1 (the latest version I'm being told)

Reactions: Giildy

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Well, I'm glade I could see a full server at some point on the first night out! Kept on being quite fun until 2:45 AM.Lots of positive feedback too!

Two suggestions for Bottiger/admins:
1.We might need a few bots. It would make it worth joining for the first few players, who otherwise have to endure a boring start, all alone in the server, hoping people will join. I, for one, would very happily play against bots, especially these days with the arrival of a "new map", to ensure we get things started each night.

2.Simply removing the regular Turbine from the vote, it's a little confusing, especially for newcomers.

Other than that, people seemed to have a blast in this first action filled evening! Hope to see more of you guys there every evening.

Reactions: Giildy

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Very cool map.
Positive feedback. People didn't have any trouble downloading or joining quickly. After the server was populated for a while it seemed like random (non-turbiners) folks were joining off the main server list.

I don't like bots. -but seeing as how people are more prone to join if the room isn't empty I agree they're probably a good idea. I don't know how they'd work on the comp server tho?

Very very fun map.

Reactions: Oli and Giildy

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
Well, I'm glade I could see a full server at some point on the first night out! Kept on being quite fun until 2:45 AM.Lots of positive feedback too!

Two suggestions for Bottiger/admins:
1.We might need a few bots. It would make it worth joining for the first few players, who otherwise have to endure a boring start, all alone in the server, hoping people will join. I, for one, would very happily play against bots, especially these days with the arrival of a "new map", to ensure we get things started each night.

2.Simply removing the regular Turbine from the vote, it's a little confusing, especially for newcomers.

Other than that, people seemed to have a blast in this first action filled evening! Hope to see more of you guys there every evening.

I agree with both of these points, and I definitely had a lot of fun on the new Turbine map. For the time I was there, it seemed like everyone really liked it (most of them regulars at 24/7 Turbine)
so of course their only real problem was the COMP settings. I'm not sure anything can be done about that though, right now, anyway.

Very cool map.
Positive feedback. People didn't have any trouble downloading or joining quickly. After the server was populated for a while it seemed like random (non-turbiners) folks were joining off the main server list.

I don't like bots. -but seeing as how people are more prone to join if the room isn't empty I agree they're probably a good idea. I don't know how they'd work on the comp server tho?

Very very fun map.

It took me four seconds to download the new Turbine map. And as for the bots, well... they have near perfect aim after getting stomped for a while, so watching them with nospread Scouts will be pretty funny.

EDIT:
Everyone that voted no on this poll is clearly a demoman disappointed that there are fewer options for that sweet, sweet demospam.

Reactions: Oli

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Skial is now officially hosting a 24/7 32-slot Turbine Pro server (us29.skial.com)!
All the fun of the beloved Turbine, with more possibilities, less spam, enhanced visuals...

Thanks Skial!

Reactions: P Lash

voodooelectricj

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Skial is now officially hosting a 24/7 32-slot Turbine Pro server (us29.skial.com)!
All the fun of the beloved Turbine, with more possibilities, less spam, enhanced visuals...

Thanks Skial!
Everybody was going to try and fill it on friday?

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Yes, Fridays and Sundays we'll start doing Pro Turbine game nights, but feel free to go play in it whenever, as any other Skial server!

D

DeadHerald

1318623532581.jpg