Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Turbine Pro - us29.skial.com - has been launched!

Skial is now offering a new 24/7 32-slot Turbine Pro server! All the fun of the beloved Turbine, with more possibilities, less spam, enhanced visuals... It has it all:

*Note that this is usually the version used in tournaments such as UGC's Hignlander.
**The map on the server has a few additions not shown in the video. (e.g. 1, 2)

Differences (source/download):
1. Added one new way from center to lobby.
2. Modified exit from pipe.
3. Pipe is now wider and higher.
4. Modified ceiling in the intelligence room.
5. Modified stairs the center.
6. Added small ammo packages in center.
7. Near the respawn room there are small ammo and health packages.
8. Modified the window in lobby.
9. Modified map lighting.
10. Now you can walk around the generator under the ladder in the center.
11. The distant fence in the intelligence was removed, so the area was increased.
12...and more!!

Fixes (source/download):
1. Now you will not touch the lamps in pipe and will not slow down when you walk in pipe and lean on one side of it.
2. The turbine sound is now more quiet.
3. The gas balloon in the passage to blue lobby is now a material.
4. Removed the flattening in angles (near health pack) in lobbys.

Time to give it a try, and spread the word!!

Cheers,
Oli

From my original post:
I've been a huge fan of the Turbine map, and play on Skial US5 all the time. I'm also a new donator to Skial! I'm quite happy to see people returning to the Turbine server, and fill the 32 slots most of the time (even at 5 AM!).

Would it be possible for Skial admins to give it a try for 7 days or so, as we usually see Turbine fan returning almost on a daily basis... Another way to try it out would be to add it to the map rotation loop (e.g. 2 classic Turbine, then 2 Turbine Pro). Popularity of the map could decide! Guys, have a look and let yourselves be heard if you would like to see this version in the Skial server. I would suggest it very strongly!

D

DeadHerald

The mid room staircases are longer, a side passage leading to the intel exists and the health and ammo pickups are slightly rearranged.

Other than that, same old turbine.

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Differences:
-New side passage providing a new access to the basement platform
-Step in the stairs that slightly facilitates access the top of the middle containers
-Some additional room under the staires
-A little box of ammo in the middle (near the barrels)
-A slight change in the location of the vent exit above the intel (no vertical drop, access to ledge for a more strategic approach/defense)

Keep on voting!

Cheers,
Oli

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Can't change the vote text it seems, so I'll be a "reMplacement", not a "replacement" then . . .

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ammo pickups in center where engis try to set up... health pack at the spawn vent exit, which is nice for the side moving across the spawn... vents look taller and wider can't spy block with a dispenser anymore? It looks like there's more cover for people in the center area...

DAT VENT EXIT TO INTEL MMMMM.... I mean... that vent exit prevents engis, soldiers and demos from sitting up there the whole fucking round and doing NOTHING.

I don't even know if people will like it or not, but those changes are signiiiiiiificant. Using this version would pretty pretty nice, or don't. That's cool too ^_^

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The changes are all there for a reason, this is a much improved version of Turbine, no doubt.

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I love to fight engys in Turbine, but with the second tunnel and new vent exit in intel room, there would be a little more strategy, and a little less demo & engy camping in the basement and intel room. I do agree that those changes are for the best, rather than just for fun.

BTW, another way to try it out would be to add it to the map rotation loop (e.g. 2 classic Turbine, then 2 Turbine Pro).

Zombie(NL)

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
The lightning in the main room is changed verry much, the room has much more light now.
I will try this map for sure, since i like turbine.
I'm not sure the new vent-exit directly above the intel is such a good idea,
but the second tunnel to prevent engy camping sounds nice.

btw. i voted for temporary trail first.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Support this, i love better balanced maps and if we ever get the 6v6 thing started, it'll be great.

Reactions: Anya

Oli

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
To Bottiger/admins: I have no idea is this is even an option, but should the map get a hit, I could come forward and would be willing to cover the cost of the new server. After all, Botting confirms that the classic map will no be replaced, so there would need a place for it somewhere... Skial would be the online pub server offering this competition map.