Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
So I made a suggestion a while back about changing up the trade server map.
Bringing it up again.
-----------------------
Updated. Fixing house of fun in its entirety will take a long time, as there are some pretty big issues with it.
I went ahead and checked out these maps, and they're suitable replacements.

dm_Area N9
http://gamebanana.com/tf2/maps/98940
This map is bigger than the current map, and also a bit sci-fi. 16mb. (This is my personal favorite).
pics:
Pr9Dj.jpg

kzkKH.jpg

trade_Face8
http://gamebanana.com/tf2/maps/159073
This is a very small map, 2.2mb.
This picture is the pretty much the entire map, sans the red / blue bases.
I imagine it would be very hectic with 32 players.
pic:
NGmCz.jpg

Trade_Park_v6
http://gamebanana.com/tf2/maps/165935
This is a fairly large map playerwise, 10.8mb.
Has features like a soccer court, volleyball area, a boxing ring for heavies.
pics:
Jibpy.jpg

GWf6x.jpg

e3Y16.jpg

Irish

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I found skial because of trade #1. Its an ok map to play and trades do get done. I also like trade maps becaue you can shoot the shit about tf2 and other things. The days leading to the pyro update I spent hours each night on there. As far as trade #2 are we saying it stops looking like shit if I have portal? I think the population on that server is flow over when #1 is full. Only reason I went over. I think you would have success there with any map.

Reactions: Drum

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
OP updated with pictures of the map, and a download link of the new version.
:)

Little_Lano

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
May i but in here.

I know you guys are talking about the US trade servers, but could some of the mentioned maps be applied to the EU Trade Server?

I've been on your US trade servers and tbh they are a heck of a lot funner than the EU Trade Tower Map.

KewnTunes

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I'd love for this map to be added but it's just that people don't have these textures:
EB15E23F8EC1190FA7B0AACFF5AB1E194968C4BD
Also this too:
BD4CA865BC8D273246872F144C8A58258E8BCCB5

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
We need Roman Rage/Emily face on there as well, if I'm there.

+CiNiC, though.
:megusta:

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
I'd love for this map to be added but it's just that people don't have these textures:
Also this too:
huh, I thought that was a default texture. I don't know why it wouldn't be working though, as custom textures should be included.

Stitch/Glue

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
+1, I used to love the playing on the portal trade server (I didn't really like the map, but it was a popular server and I got alot of trading done) but when the new update came out and I got my new config for my TF2 every single wall on that map is pink checkers and it hurts my eyes so bad and makes my fps go down to about 1-5

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Will post an updated version later. There's a problem with the tile texture in the current version.

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
May i but in here.

I know you guys are talking about the US trade servers, but could some of the mentioned maps be applied to the EU Trade Server?

I've been on your US trade servers and tbh they are a heck of a lot funner than the EU Trade Tower Map.
But tower is a good trade map.

Also why does everyone thats making a map and takes pictures have to take a picture with the pan.... (cylosis did the same).