Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
So I made a suggestion a while back about changing up the trade server map.
Bringing it up again.
-----------------------
Updated. Fixing house of fun in its entirety will take a long time, as there are some pretty big issues with it.
I went ahead and checked out these maps, and they're suitable replacements.

dm_Area N9
http://gamebanana.com/tf2/maps/98940
This map is bigger than the current map, and also a bit sci-fi. 16mb. (This is my personal favorite).
pics:
Pr9Dj.jpg

kzkKH.jpg

trade_Face8
http://gamebanana.com/tf2/maps/159073
This is a very small map, 2.2mb.
This picture is the pretty much the entire map, sans the red / blue bases.
I imagine it would be very hectic with 32 players.
pic:
NGmCz.jpg

Trade_Park_v6
http://gamebanana.com/tf2/maps/165935
This is a fairly large map playerwise, 10.8mb.
Has features like a soccer court, volleyball area, a boxing ring for heavies.
pics:
Jibpy.jpg

GWf6x.jpg

e3Y16.jpg

Irish

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I do enjoy the skial trade servers. #1 especially. #2 can go away IMO if we have a replacement map.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Changing the portal map would not improve the popularity of the server, so -1 to any other maps.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Changing the portal map would not improve the popularity of the server, so -1 to any other maps.
I did a google search on the map trade_portal2_beta3

Skial.com TRADE US2 is literally the only server on TF2 running that god awful map.

Zombie(NL)

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
since we can use the jetpack, the portalmap is nicer to play in, because it's harder to spawncamp succesfully.
but if you fly to high, or at the wrong places, you get outside the map. the play-room is not propperly locked.
then you have to fly back (not always easy), or kill yourself to get back in the map.

so if the map get fixed, it don't have to be changed.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
I'd +Dave it, but ponies.
No matter your stance, you KNOW the shitstorm that would cause.
-Dave
I'll -1 because ponies.
no pony

Skial.com TRADE US2 is literally the only server on TF2 running that god awful map.
do that and then +1

Editing the map now, taking out the pony stuff + revamping the map.
Will post the updated version soon.

Reactions: mohawkg2

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

I agree that it isn't the best looking map out there, but that server is more popular than the other trade servers, US2 is actually more popular than the Chicago Dustbowl...
show_graph.php

If the server was empty I would understand people wanting to change the map, but don't fix what ain't broken.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I agree that it isn't the best looking map out there, but that server is more popular than the other trade servers, US2 is actually more popular than the Chicago Dustbowl...
show_graph.php

If the server was empty I would understand people wanting to change the map, but don't fix what ain't broken.
people who dont have portal 2 get huge pink/black checkers and it's a huge eyesore. Plus, this map being suggested looks a HELL of a lot more fun!

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper

Do you even play on that server? That map is god awful aesthetic wise, and one team is always spawn camping the other one. Not to mention, it's a small map.

The map I suggested here is sprawling, is balanced teamwise so they can't be spawncamped, has elevators with multiple floors, etc.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Do you even play on that server? That map is god awful aesthetic wise, and one team is always spawn camping the other one. Not to mention, it's a small map.

The map I suggested here is sprawling, is balanced teamwise so they can't be spawncamped, has elevators with multiple floors, etc.
it's a trade map. why does it matter if one team is getting spawn camped? people can easily just join the other team

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's annoying, and it shows the map wasn't well designed.
it's a trade map. as long as people use it. then it doesn't matter at all.
the map you suggested looks like people would actually play on it rather then trade

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
it's a trade map. as long as people use it. then it doesn't matter at all.
the map you suggested looks like people would actually play on it rather then trade
Trades aren't instant.. People play on the current map, using cntrl+v every so often.
Why does it not matter? Just because it's trade, doesn't mean it should be stuck with a crappy map. Just my opinion.

Bear in mind people hate having to download new maps, so might leave after seeing the download start.

Yeah, unfortunately. This could just replace the current map though, so people would get used to it after a bit.