Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Quinoa is a fantastic super food. It's really nutrient rich. I like to use it as well.

Reactions: Toxik

Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Had this for lunch, a dish my grandmother usually makes

It's skate fish with quinoa, the fish was (of course) cooked in butter, the smell gave me such huge flashbacks of staying at my grandmother's place in France during some summers
Shit was good, but it's definitely a once-in-a-month dish.

Know how I know you're french?

33fesr7.jpg

Toxik

Contributor
Know how I know you're french?

33fesr7.jpg
That's the way my Breton grandmother does it :3
Except that she uses twice almost three times as much butter, and then drips the butter sauce all over the fish and potatoes
And that's how I gained over 25 pounds in one summer, even with all the daily exercise

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I was actually surprised when I saw the diet suggestions at my Crossfit club and they said to avoid quinoa for some reason

Interesting. It is rather carb rich though, so I guess I wouldn't consume it in excess. I temd to use it about 1-2 times a month whem I get tired of rice/pasta/potatoes.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
null_zpsb443a090.jpg

I've been slacking lately, but I was working an 8 day stretch at work and it's my Friday!

Had a dinner with my sisters and their families on Sunday. Top left is whitefish my uncle caught that day on Lake Superior, top right are Cheesy potatoes with sour cream, bacon and scallions, 4 different salads in the middle, Some booze for cooking (and to fill the blank space in the collage) Bottom left is bruschetta, and the dessert was grilled peaches, with crushed Italian amarito cookies and a homemade whipped cream.

null_zpsd02bb3a2.jpg

Tonight I got home and made coconut curry rice noodles with peppers, scallions, carrots and shitake mushrooms. Quick and easy.

Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Went to this great restaurant on my last vacation that only served desserts. It was amazingly good. So good I went back twice.

The first visit we ordered way too much... a peanut butter, banana, and chocolate crepe for one person, a strawberry and whipped cream waffle for myself, and our third party had a slice of cheesecake. Waaay too much.
One of the real highlights was the mocha affogatto... it didn't last long enough to have a picture taken of it but
please enjoy the empty cup.
cpdHo3X.jpg

The second photo is our second visit. We ordered one crepe this time with an extra scoop of ice cream... it was raspberry and white chocolate. So good that I couldn't get a picture of it before we all started digging in.
WgQevBv.jpg

And *cough* the remains of the deceased

esWmhXz.jpg

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
So shit seems to be going down at the Gooch Castle this night. HOLD ON TO YOUR DICKS, BOYS AND GIRLS

1oonj8.jpg

Yeah that's right. You fucking love that shit. Put your face on it. Like this :sweetjesus:

14b1dv7.jpg

Yeah, that's a full chub. Kinda like I have right now thinking about it. :megusta:

And then...

2z3nwnr.jpg

OH NO HE DI'N'T SON!!! SHUT YO MOUF :win:

Yes, I did. It's in the oven now. Check it out at http://cavemanketo.com/2012/02/09/bacon-mother-ing-explosion/ if you want to see what's inside.

I'm having a salad while I wait for it to finish cooking. Hey, fuck you guys, I'm trying to watch my figure.

:fyeah:

P.S. MURRICA

Sometime later:

All done!

35m4704.jpg

I had to mop up the bacon grease halfway through cooking because I was sure my hovel was about to burn to the ground. As you can see, the grease burned pretty good.

bg3eg.jpg

Ohhhh mama.

A pound of ground pork, a pound of ground steak, two packages of bacon, and somewhere between a quarter and a half pound of cheese. It's literally 95 degrees F in my house, this thing was a pain in the ass and a lot more involved than I expected, but DOESN'T MATTER HAD BACON. :p

Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
zx194h.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone knows what i am eating, feel free to post it.

Oh I know what these are. That weird meat stuffed boiled potato dumpling dish.

I remember Gary telling me about these.

Google says they're called poutine rapee but that doesn't seem quite right...

Gary Mofo Oak

Positively Inhumane Poster
It's exactly that. A potato dumpling with salted pork inside. Best with white or brown sugar sprinkled on it i say :)

Spoiler

heyheyhey I was gonna say! yeah thats a poutine that the younger generation are not as familiar with. Not the deliciousness of french fries, cheese curds and gravy.. but that salty ball : /

Enigma

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Kimchi+and+Bacon+Grilled+Cheese+Sandwich+500+7794.jpg
It's a kimchi and bacon grilled cheese sandwich with sweet potato chips. Kimchi and bacon are like a match made in heaven.