KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I don't know if anyone else has read this book. But here is the trailer for it.

It doesn't look anything like what I pictured in the book. In terms of it following the book, it looks to be a huge disappointment.

Reactions: FireGame

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I learned awhile back its usually best to not expect a movie based off a book to follow the book closely. What works well in books sometimes doesn't transfer well over to movies so its not uncommon to see large changes in the story

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Force to read this one in school, as most who ever read it were made to. And trying to portray
the receiving of the ability to have a sex drive, basically
seems to be the last of this remakes intents.

Jeff Bridges, though, so I might see it if it doesn't suck too hard.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Well yeah this book is in a lot of schools for assigned reading. I was forced to read it too, but I still thought it was a good book.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The book was great. Don't know if the movie will be close to the book but I'm sure it'll still be good.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
They should of started the movie in black and white. No one in the village could see color

Idk maybe i am taking it too far on that one lol

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
They should of started the movie in black and white. No one in the village could see color

Idk maybe i am taking it too far on that one lol

I do agree that it's hard to make the movie exactly like the book but it would be cool to see it in black and white.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Force to read this one in school, as most who ever read it were made to. And trying to portray
the receiving of the ability to have a sex drive, basically
seems to be the last of this remakes intents.

Jeff Bridges, though, so I might see it if it doesn't suck too hard.
I read it on my own about a year ago and that's not all he gets :|
also, the other books go into more detail about the society and it makes a lot more sense after you read those.

Which book is it? Might read the book, what you say looks quite interesting.
http://www.goodreads.com/series/43606-the-giver-quartet

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
He made a fourth one? Thanks for the info, I'll be looking into that soon...
I loved the first book, one of the few books I read multiple times. The other two were so-so. Hope they don't ruin the movie, but it'll be hard to do right.
iirc son was the better one of the last 3!

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've read the Giver a couple of times, amazing book, very well written. Can't wait to see if the film crew can pull it off. I agree with Zebra, never imagined the place like in the trailer, expected more forest and log cabins.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Did you really just ask what the book was? ....

I already decided it isn't going to completely follow the book and I am going to prepare myself for that. It would of been cool if they started it in black and white, and slowly started adding color in the movie. Jonas (the main character and the person you follow) and everyone in the village doesn't see color. If I remember correctly, Jonas starts to see colors one at a time throughout the book. It would be neat if they added those colors to the black and white one at a time.

sov

Legendary Skial King
read it last year. not a bad book. can't really see what book 2, 3 and 4 are about and movie looks neat. I think it'll do alright since many that read the book want to see a movie of it

Arya

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
the book was really well written so ill probably watch the movie just to compare it lol, the message it was trying to teach sucked though