Reporter

Administrator
The best ways to enjoy the game

We all know by now just how much of a messy state the game is in currently. With the bots roaming freely and the playerbase full of immature teenagers and adults, the game just isn't the same as it used to be.

But that doesn't stop me from enjoying my favorite game. I still manage to have a ton of fun whenever I play TF2 (which is difficult for a lot of folks) and if you want to keep enjoying the game like I do, I thought of various tips that can make your TF2 experience much better. Keep in mind that these are all optional and this is just my opinion.

Tip 1: Mute everybody

If you're like me, you get absolutely exhausted and irritated from the TF2 in-game chat. Dumb unfunny memes being spammed, edgy teenagers that think racism is funny, kids non-stop complaining about the game or other players, and adults that act like they're in kindergarden, the in-game chat is an absolute waste of time. I personally recommend muting both the text and voice chat so that it's just you focusing on the gameplay. It makes it a lot easier to play when you're not focused on any of the garbage that plagues the in-game chat.

Tip 2: Stop caring about winning or losing

Video games are meant to be fun and to serve as a distraction from the stresses of real life. Playing the game casually and not caring about whether you win or lose is essential in keeping the game enjoyable for yourself. You can still try to win, but try not to take the game too seriously because it isn't really meant to be taken seriously in the first place.

Tip 3: Use any weapon you want to use (avoid the meta)

The community often likes to complain about certain weapons being broken or unfun to use or fight against, or complain when someone uses a weapon that people don't often use. Never listen to anybody who tells you what weapons you should or shouldnt use. If someone has a problem with the weapons you're using, ignore them.

Tip 4: Realize that the game will never go back to what it used to be

This game has lasted for 15 years at this point, and we all know by now that Valve has moved on and doesn't care about the game anymore. We can complain or try to get their attention all we want, but nothing is going to change. Accepting the fact that this is how the game will remain until it dies for good makes it easier to just keep enjoying the game as much as you can.

Tip 5: Play Uncletopia or Skial (any kind of casual community server will do)

Uncletopia and Skial are the most popular casual community servers to play. They are great servers to play on if you are sick of constantly joining bot games or want to avoid annoying game mechanics like Random Crits and Random Bullet Spread.

Tip 6: Leave and find a new server if there are cheaters

If somebody is cheating in a Casual server you are in, it's not worth it to try to get them kicked out. It's also pretty exhausting when you have to try to make a case for it, but just end up with people ignoring you or not believing you. If there is a cheater in your game, don't even bother trying to fight it and just find a new server. Don't give cheaters any kind of attention either, don't engage with them and just block them.

Tip 7: Don't try to make other players happy

The game is for your own enjoyment, you should never play the game a specific way just because someone wants you to or because someone doesn't like the way you play. Ignore the ones who complain or get upset at you.

Leave a comment if you have any of your own tips or share your thoughts on any of the ones that I provided.

Author: dyllie12

http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/105ed77/the_best_ways_to_enjoy_the_game/