• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

KarmaDreamer

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
According to the new blogpost - https://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=189493 😻

The last few Team Fortress summer events have only been item updates. But this year, we're planning on shipping a full-on update-sized update — with items, maps, taunts, unusual effects, war paints and who knows what else?! Which means we need Steam Workshop content! YOUR Steam Workshop content!
Make sure to get your submissions into the Steam Workshop by May 1st, so they can be considered for this as-yet-unnamed, un-themed, but still very exciting summer-situated (but not summer-themed) (unless you wanted to develop summer-themed stuff) update.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
They said it's an actual update, then proceed to promise the things they've been doing for the past 7 years.

"But this year, we're planning on shipping a full-on update-sized update — with items, maps, taunts, unusual effects, war paints and who knows what else?! Which means we need Steam Workshop content!"

So again, it seems Valve is still not making anything and is just releasing more community content as usual. I'll believe it's an actual legitimate update when I see it.

NintenGunner

Mildly Menacing Medic
Honestly, this could just be what we usually get for the summer, but with like, double the amount of content, some actual maps, all wrapped up in a neat "major update"-themed coat of paint. If this means the start of actual community updates after the disaster that was Invasion, I'm down for it.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Valve has now changed their wording in the blog, it is no longer an actual update.

CdlwwzY.png