::Egan::

Mildly Menacing Medic
Hey Skial servers! I really love and appreciate that you guys are maintaining your TF2 combat surf server! Lots of memories there over the years, and I'm glad combat surf is still alive somewhere to enjoy!

I made an update to my old TF2 combat surf map 'surf venice' , to version 3b now in 2020. (v2 was 2016, v1 was 2011).

Notable fixes:
- Fix for the broken water texture in v2 in the main areas (it wasn't displaying as broken for me when v2 launched...).
- Make the breakable barriers exiting jail taller, and are doors controlled by the same exit button as the other existing 'doors' exiting jail (the things that move up).
- Add usable rocketlauncher things that attack jail from up on the walkway.
- Fix/tidy up some broken secrets. fix some missing sounds that were in v1e but didnt get properly added to v2. add some more secrets for good measure.
- Remove the text about me being done with surf. it was embarrassing to myself and others, sorry about that.

Download link to BSP here:
tf2maps.net/downloads/venice.1545/
(I can't post links yet, your spam filter says, even though I have >2 posts). Will update this link if I can later.)

Would love to be able to play this updated version on your tf2 combat surf server!
Thank you!

StereoBucket

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
One question though. Why is it so red? Makes it really hard to play when someone goes through that door.

Mildly Menacing Medic
Hello, I have released a version 3c update to this map, that I'd like to replace the existing-on-server v3b.

The changes are as follows:
- nerfed the ultra-secret that used to make you have x5 health and x5 damage/blastradius, now only does the health. the x5 damage and blastradius was SO SO SO overpowered that using it would make half the enemy team quit out of the game. hindsight is 20/20.
- added some amount of blue-color values into the ColorCorrection in redmode, so players can see some amounts of blue players even when redmode is activated.
-- also increased the brightness of some of the lights in the pro section to help navigation during redmode.
-- added an additional 3.5 minutes to the delay between redmode re-activation. it was getting spammed too much / was too annoying.
- added a secret way into the bowl-minigame from the ultrasecret location, unlocks only after 22 minutes into the round so its not game breaking. this can only be manually activated once per map, but the result is the minigame being activated 3 times in a row.
-- buffed the bowl-minigame mechanics a lot.
- added some of those trails that surf players like so much. 1 is admin noclip only. 2 are found by being the first to complete some existing secrets.

Download for V3C: tf2maps.net/downloads/venice.1545/

@StereoBucket :
Here is the updated color correction for v3c, where blue values are added to the 'redmode'. It's still fairly red, and maintains its 'odd/creepy' stature, but allows for players to better observe enemy colors (namely blue team..).

69Itiz4.jpg

JY4vYJD.jpg

Reactions: StereoBucket

Mildly Menacing Medic
I have sneakily updated the file to v3d, same download link in the post above. Fixes two small secrets from not functioning.

Mildly Menacing Medic
Sneakily updated to file v3e, same download link 2 posts above . . . My bad.

Fixes capture point A not showing up.
I have done a full test to make sure nothing else is broken.