Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberKitsune

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Hello!

I recently found out today that Bottiger has made the decision to disable sprays on all TF2 servers, citing the recent changes that valve made that makes them more difficult to view by default.

While I understand the position that sprays are harder to view now, I don't quite understand this change. Many users have gone out of their way to re-enable sprays, and since Friday when sprays have been disabled server-side, many have been vocal about why the sprays aren't working in-server.

To my knowledge having sprays turned on also doesn't result in any significant server-side load, and it literally doesn't effect people who have sprays disabled anyway, only harming people who get a lot of enjoyment from having a spray-filled TF2 experience. One of the few reasons I play on skial is because I can express myself using sprays to people that choose to see them, and without that a lot of the appeal of playing here is lost.

I urge the admin team to reconsider disabling sprays server side, and I also encourage the team to reach out to many of the Skial regulars to gather thoughts on the matter, as a lot of the regular players are in the dark about this and would likely have something to say.

-CyberKitsune

FluffyGoofball

Mildly Menacing Medic
+1
You have to make the choice to turn on sprays anyways, so people who don't want to see sprays already don't see sprays since cl_spraysdisable is by default set to 1.

Reactions: Acey Drgn

Acey Drgn

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
+1

Spraypaints are one of the best conversation starters - and I have met some awesome people from such conversations. Definitely brightens up the gameplay experience, especially on 24/7 2Fort. Would be great having them back.

Reactions: KP10Gc

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
unknown.png

reminder that that is an option now
also im scared of the prospect of this because of the profile picture of the person who made the suggestion

HexSine

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1 Custom sprays are good and seeing them is totally nostalgic since not many games do it anymore. Also you can just turn them off on a per user basis if you don't want them so it doesn't really need to be on the server side.

Last edited:

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
+1 because how else will I get the engi to turn his tele away from the wall if I can't spray a giant turd that takes up the whole screen as you materialise?

Status
Not open for further replies.