Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberKitsune

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Hello!

I recently found out today that Bottiger has made the decision to disable sprays on all TF2 servers, citing the recent changes that valve made that makes them more difficult to view by default.

While I understand the position that sprays are harder to view now, I don't quite understand this change. Many users have gone out of their way to re-enable sprays, and since Friday when sprays have been disabled server-side, many have been vocal about why the sprays aren't working in-server.

To my knowledge having sprays turned on also doesn't result in any significant server-side load, and it literally doesn't effect people who have sprays disabled anyway, only harming people who get a lot of enjoyment from having a spray-filled TF2 experience. One of the few reasons I play on skial is because I can express myself using sprays to people that choose to see them, and without that a lot of the appeal of playing here is lost.

I urge the admin team to reconsider disabling sprays server side, and I also encourage the team to reach out to many of the Skial regulars to gather thoughts on the matter, as a lot of the regular players are in the dark about this and would likely have something to say.

-CyberKitsune

Acey Drgn

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
unknown.png

reminder that that is an option now
also im scared of the prospect of this because of the profile picture of the person who made the suggestion
Remember to hit that upvote button folks! :D

Kazumi

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1

sprays are not the one reason i like to play on skial , but this is a puzzled decision-making that will push me to elsewhere if it sticks. valve does not need a help ruining his game, you know? this is not boring xbox live tf2 after all ...

sorry for my englo.

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
It's called the virus spray (trojan spray exploit)
I just found that skial players got notified the windows security (Windows Defender Security)

Possibly Valve will notice it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.