• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Anyone here do some lobby? I been playing some recently. Highlander lobby.

Its quite fun, and more competitive then pub. just wodnering if someone like to hope in with me sometimes

wokmage

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Where do you do that, Zebra? I would definitely be interested in playing some lobbies.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Add me up next time you go, boyo. I wanna work on scoot, or spy since scoot will most likely be taken.

Reactions: Anya

Wiper

Mildly Menacing Medic
Agree, Highlanders are more like organized pubs, one of each class. If you wanna try out 6v6 lobbies, and your new to it, you should try and play scout or medic most of the time to begin with, since the soldier and demo classes are more "important" (rollouts to middle of map, protecting medic) while the scouts jobs are to watch the flanks, and generally float around assisting in offensive pushes and attacking the medic in surprise attacks. As scout also, try and protect the demoman at the middle fight, so you dont loose him due to their scouts right off the beginning, you wanna keep the demoman alive.
As a medic, start off by healing the demoman right at the 2nd you spawn, he should be calling medic and jumping in spawn so you can catch him with the medigun beam. Keep healing him while he (at least should be) jumping towards the spawn door, when he makes the first jump out of spawn, start healing the soldiers, try and get both to 250+ hp when you arrive to middle, then catch the demo again (hes probably low at this time), you might wanna give scouts a quick little buff while going to middle aswell. Use voice to make callouts for weak opponents, or incoming flanks/ubers, it will help your team alot. Example as scout, if your going valley and under middle, or throgh the "shithouse" (little house to the left when you come out to middle on badlands), make sure to call if you see a scout going to your shithouse, warning the demo so he can prepare a sticky. When you feel comfortable, you can try out soldier, people will usually ask "whos the pocket/roamer?" Pocket is the soldier staying in-range of the medic, and protecting him from the scouts. NEVER jump away from your medic leaving him vulnerable to the enemy scouts etc. The other soldier is the ROAMER, the more offensive soldier, who usually starts off a push, being buffed by the medic, jumping right into the group and doing tons of damage. Roaming soldiers can also be the guy hiding in some sneaky spot, then to drop down and kill the medic when the enemy team passes. Try and work out some tactics and make some calls about when your pushing in, or when you want the medic to uber. And to medics, remember , POP IT, DONT DROP IT (ubercharge). Hope this helps, TF2lobby can be a hell lot of fun, and its a great starting place for playing 6v6 :)

ClassyPotato

Positively Inhumane Poster
I'd like to play too. Seeing as there will mostly be skial members it should be fun. I also want to practice some classes.
:)