Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
tf2lobby will be down for a while.
i wish there was a site like it so i dont have to use it

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Try messaging the creator of the site: http://steamcommunity.com/id/FLOOR_MASTER

Oh...

There is a guy who is trying to make a similar website, but that's in a really early stage: http://lobbypy-dev.teamunpro.com/
Eh, it doesn't really looks like that'll be a replacement. It looks like it'll just be a package that people can run, but there won't be one central place unless it's designed where you run your own lobby and it hooks up to a central server or something. Still not as easy or convenient as tf2lobby. Also, he's trying to make it for many games, so it'll be a while before anything useful comes out of it. TF2Lobby already had solved the hard parts of all the stats, scaling, and community. Any new site will take a while to grow.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
tf2 lobby is such a poorly managed site, I dont know why the owner doesnt just recruit some admins from the regular player pool.
Still down btw

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thats steam, someone has been maintaining the site though as it has gone down a few times since then.
Well it could still be the owner. Maybe he made another account and didn't tell anyone so he could have peace. I'm sure he got a million requests on that account.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
tf2 lobby is such a poorly managed site, I dont know why the owner doesnt just recruit some admins from the regular player pool.
Still down btw
No ads, no donations, people get bored maintaining a site just for fun : (

I am sure bottiger can make his own version of TF2 lobby if this doesn't start working
I can make my own damn version too. The software itself isn't complicated, it's building the community around it which is tough.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be a hit if noone else makes a similar one first, there is a big pool of players who are without an option now. Also in comp tf2 people tend to know each other, if it's a proper matchmaking site I'm sure people would tell their friends.
It would be even better if it didn't save the stats like tf2lobby did so people (like me) would actually concentrate on the objectives more than on their KDR : )

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
No ads, no donations, people get bored maintaining a site just for fun : (

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a hit if noone else makes a similar one first, there is a big pool of players who are without an option now. Also in comp tf2 people tend to know each other, if it's a proper matchmaking site I'm sure people would tell their friends.
It would be even better if it didn't save the stats like tf2lobby did so people (like me) would actually concentrate on the objectives more than on their KDR : )
My fear is that by the time I get something up, tf2lobby will be back up. I mean, there hasn't been a tf2 update since it went down so I'm guessing whatever server is back there needs to be restarted.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I can make my own damn version too. The software itself isn't complicated, it's building the community around it which is tough.
Seriously, go for it, Skial is a pretty known community, you have us regulars backing you and I assume you're not too time-hindered in order to maintain it, considering you've actually considered it.