• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
it was never forgotten, to forget something it has to have existed in the first place

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
i am conflicted

on one hand this is the ten billionth time someone has released an article about being called names in a video game

on the other hand i hate comp tf2 players

Reactions: Cream Tea

Trash.ca

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
on one hand this is the ten billionth time someone has released an article about being called names in a video game

It's not just being called names. Over the past few years a lot of prominent community members have been leaving for various reasons but a few have basically left due to harassment. When tagg announced he wasnt attending tf2 LAN events anymore due to racism from other players on lan (using hard r negatively around him,asking to touch his hair and other black jokes) he was met with a lot of negative comments on tftv calling him a pussy or saying that he was overreacting hell b4nny even said he quit because his style of roamer wasnt viable anymore so he used racism as a cop out to leave. Nursey and phi have also had insults about their gender. The recent uberchain sexual abuse drama was a serious topic of discussion the past few weeks on tftv where a significant portion of the community responded very negatively. Some people called her an attention whore or that she was lying because she refused to drop names. One prem EU player even called her a gook when she tweeted about the abuse. The number of people that had this view was fairly astonishing on the tftv thread. Its pretty sad so many people had this kind of response honestly. Uberchain has made tons of SFM artwork and animations over the years used as actual intros for I-series events and was one of the people who made the ready up tf2 documentary. Its sad that it took this much for league admins to actually start punishing players for this level of toxicity because some of it has gone far past the realm of name calling hell even skial punished people for toxicity more effectively than tf2 leagues where players spammed racial slurs throughout live matches with no punishment. I personally dont care about slurs and shit (but selectively censoring words is stupid and why the racism rule is dumb imo cuz you can basically say anything but the hard r which is fucking stupid either ban all slurs or none at all) but if the tftv community really wants to be taken seriously as an esport they need to have some more professionalism because immature behavior within the community (especially the pros) would be quickly sanctioned in big esports scenes like LoL or csgo (where theres more lax rules on what you can or cant say) . Sorry for the long post but its an interesting topic that merits discussion even on a casual site like skial...you guys do have a significant number of players and portion of the community after all.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
It's not just being called names. Over the past few years a lot of prominent community members have been leaving for various reasons but a few have basically left due to harassment. .

good i don't want pussies playing this m for mature game

Trash.ca

good i don't want pussies playing this m for mature game
people who speak out about sexual abuse are considered pussies now? not even exaggerating it was actual sexual abuse have you people even read the article? i dont want retards playing tf2 either yet you somehow were an admin on this m for mature game despite being the least mature person on this forum

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
people who speak out about sexual abuse are considered pussies now? not even exaggerating it was actual sexual abuse have you people even read the article? i dont want retards playing tf2 either yet you somehow were an admin on this m for mature game despite being the least mature person on this forum

My bad, I didn't realise computer screens were also portals that allowed you to put your hand through and sexually grab people on the other side.

Trash.ca

My bad, I didn't realise computer screens were also portals that allowed you to put your hand through and sexually grab people on the other side.
an actual physical community member sexually abused an actual physical community member in real life ( i know its a hard concept to grasp but if you had any ounce of comprehension you would've been able to read the article and understand the concept of "real life"). When i say community member i mean people who attend LANs and try to grow the esports side of things.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
an actual physical community member sexually abused an actual physical community member in real life ( i know its a hard concept to grasp but if you had any ounce of comprehension you would've been able to read the article and understand the concept of "real life"). When i say community member i mean people who attend LANs and try to grow the esports side of things.

Well what the fuck does that have to do with tf2 then.

Trash.ca

Well what the fuck does that have to do with tf2 then.
The tf2 community doesnt only mean casual players. This article talks about all aspects of our community such as the casual side, the competitive side,workshop community etc. The abuse incident took place on the comp/esports side of things where lack of professionalism like that is inexcusable unlike the casual side (this is where you fall cream tea) where you can be toxic and nobody would care.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Also just so you know, I am not reading through a revision of the bible just to find out that it was a generic sexual abuse case that isn't even tf2 related. It could have been CS:GO, DOTA 2, Overwatch or any other game.

No need to start insulting my comprehension, infact my comprehension skills tell me that this article had nothing to do with TF2 specifically.

"Let's write an massive wall of text about how toxic tf2 is, but it's not actually about tf2 it's about a small thing that happened at a LAN tournament that just so happened to be playing TF2."

Either click bait or just bad writing skills.

Reactions: serbey

Trash.ca

Also just so you know, I am not reading through a revision of the bible just to find out that it was a generic sexual abuse case that isn't even tf2 related. It could have been CS:GO, DOTA 2, Overwatch or any other game.
The point is people would've been punished in these games for the slurs they said online and irl to each other's faces on LAN. The lack of sanctions given prior to the uberchain abuse incident shows a lack of professionalism in tf2's scene compared to that of CSGO, DOTA 2 and Overwatch