Tygon

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Servers skial trade US IP: 91.216.250.30:27015

Time Zone EST

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ https://stats.skial.com/#player/tftrade/133793922

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. 227:38:38 (139:07:07 AFK)

Will you get mad if you lose admin? absolutely not.

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "#[U:1:133793922]" 0 "obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
I am a 24 year old college graduate in the field of environmental studies (BA). I grew up in New Jersey, and I am grateful to have grown up in an area with rich diversity and culture. It has helped me become the person I am today. My degree in environmental studies helped me understand the way humans interact and respond to environmental changes, including socially and developmentally. While most of what I learned was about the natural world, it connects right back to human behavior and the reason we do the things we do. This degree further broadened my scope and helped me look past the bubble many people tend to make for themselves. I spend a lot of my time socializing online and I consider myself to be a very empathetic person. A lot of my time is at home helping my grandma and caring for my many different animals (dogs, lizards, amphibians :p) I'm currently trying to take it slow as the last couple years have been stressful, but a huge growing opportunity for me. I usually work from 5pm to 11pm, but it varies. I am on Skial anywhere from 11am to 4:45pm, then later on night from anywhere from 11:15pm-2am. I have witnessed a desperate need for an active admin on several occasions. As you can see with my many reports, I am capable of recognizing and dealing with inappropriate behavior in this trade server. I am very vigilant of objectors, use of language, and intent on the part of the people I interact with. I have been trading on and off for many years, and through this time I have seen a lot of disturbing things in a lot of different servers. I always wished I could make them a better place. But with the lack of active admins and enforcement of rules, a lot of the things I witnessed went unpunished. Sadly, these days it seems a lot of players just accept intolerable behavior, as "there is nothing we can do" or "who cares, grow a pair". This is the type of mentality I stray far away from. People are effected, and there needs to be someone WHO DOES care, who wants to be able to provide a safe space for people. I strive to be this person. No longer can I sit back and watch people do deplorable and hurtful things. I want to help keep Team Fortress 2 Skial trading a inviting place for all. We need to stand against the mentality that has cultivated in this game and provide an inviting atmosphere for all. I hope to be considered. Thank you.

some punk bitch

Unremarkable User
+1. I usually hang out at around the same times he do on trade servers where we have a huge bigotry and trolling problem. Rampant toxicity between players, the usual. The one thing I'm usually sure of is that Tygon doesn't mind speaking his mind on behalf of those who can't.

He's also been extremely helpful to new or returning players like me and never hesitates to spend some time just being helpful in general.

Ask anyone on Trade US and they'll tell you the same story.

The Cloptologist

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
1. Accounting for AFK hours, time playing is less than 100.
2. Application is very unprofessional. I would expect more from someone trying to become an admin. Especially from a college graduate.
3. Citation needed for the following:
But with the lack of active admins and enforcement of rules, a lot of the things I witnessed went unpunished.

4. The following suggests that the person applying sees something wrong with the Skial community, and that they need to fix it. To me that is a red flag for any admin application and suggests the applicant trying to become and admin solely for the power, and not the responsibility.
Sadly, these days it seems a lot of players just accept intolerable behavior, as "there is nothing we can do" or "who cares, grow a pair". This is the type of mentality I stray far away from. People are effected, and there needs to be someone WHO DOES care, who wants to be able to provide a safe space for people. I strive to be this person. No longer can I sit back and watch people do deplorable and hurtful things.

These four issues will need to be cleaned up as a start, before I reconsider my vote.

J.G. Kierkegaard

Unremarkable User
+1. Someone who genuinely cares about the trading community he actively participates in. Like us, he is upset to see the spew of racism, homophobia, and scamming that has plagued some of the frequented trade servers recently. I truly believe that he will make a fine addition to the admin staff at Skial Trade US.

J.G. Kierkegaard

Unremarkable User
1. Accounting for AFK hours, time playing is less than 100.
2. Application is very unprofessional. I would expect more from someone trying to become an admin. Especially from a college graduate.
3. Citation needed for the following:

4. The following suggests that the person applying sees something wrong with the Skial community, and that they need to fix it. To me that is a red flag for any admin application and suggests the applicant trying to become and admin solely for the power, and not the responsibility.

These four issues will need to be cleaned up as a start, before I reconsider my vote.
1. You have not proven this and you ask for citations yourself.
2. Your name is the Clopologist and you're talking about unprofessionalism. Also what do you mean by "unprofessional"?
3. Maybe if the reporting system in your community was reliable citations would be easier.
4. Seeing room for improvement is no reason to assume someone has ill intentions. This is simply illogical on so many levels. By wanting to improve the community, he IS showing a sense of responsibility and that he would take his role in the admin staff seriously.

Hotdad

Unremarkable User
PLEASE Tygon!
Tygon is a very balanced and nuanced person who I would love to have as a Skial Admin. I have witnessed a number of times where he was able to professionally deescalate situations that were against server rules of conduct. Tygon is one of the individuals that makes me WANT to go to Skial servers for trading and community.

The Cloptologist

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
1. You have not proven this and you ask for citations yourself.
2. Your name is the Clopologist and you're talking about unprofessionalism. Also what do you mean by "unprofessional"?
3. Maybe if the reporting system in your community was reliable citations would be easier.
4. Seeing room for improvement is no reason to assume someone has ill intentions. This is simply illogical on so many levels. By wanting to improve the community, he IS showing a sense of responsibility and that he would take his role in the admin staff seriously.
1. 227 - 139 = 88. Unless I am mistaken, the AFK hours are not subtracted from the playing hours. If anyone can correct me, I'd be thankful. Although this is the least of the issues with this application.

2. It is, "The Cloptologist", please learn to read. The lack of professionalism I see, is the poor formatting and lack of capitalization at certain parts. There are about three paragraphs jammed into one. It shows a complete lack of care about what is being written. While I am not expecting Hemingway, a certain bar must be met in my eyes.

3. Please elaborate. As far as I see the reporting system is working as intended. I have a number of reports submitted and have had no issue getting resolution to issues. Staff on the forums and Discord have been of great help when I needed it.

4. Please read the part I quoted again, as it reads to me as a text book example of, megalomania. In addition, the last time the applicant tried to "improve the community', resulted in a now deleted thread, due in part to the applicant's own poor attitude towards members of the community and it's staff. While that thread is now deleted, I am sure anyone involved in that thread remembers it well. In fact, if that thread still existed, it would be the cornerstone of my -1.

Regardless, I know the staff of Skial will make the correct decision when it comes to this application. I've spoken of my concerns, and I do not believe I need to elaborate further, unless it is needed.

P.S. I expect the applicant to respond to my points and concerns, not his white knight. Thank you for your time.

The Best Bast

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
He only posted his trade hours. There are 13 hours on tf servers and a very small amount of hours on the tfidle and tfcustom servers that just barely cover the time requirements once you substract the AFK hours.

However, one of your selling points is your many reports. But if I take a look at your chat history :

No further report. The users with that Steam ID were never banned or muted. You either voteabused or didn't file a report on rulebreakers - which I understand from someone who had a rough day or feels lazy and just wants to play, but not from an applying admin boasting about his many reports. None of those options make the app look good.

Same issue except the user has existing punishments. Doesn't exempt from burden of proof and a need to report.

Same problem, with this time this added bit given by context that you never adressed as false by a following report or a message.
I've seen a "!ignore" for said Steam ID moments before the vote started so maybe it was legit, but there's still no report to answer to that. You also could have answered the guy easily if you were right, but you didn't, which maybe means you don't talk enough and aren't close to the community, which is pretty important.

Ended up reported and muted, but not thanks to you.

Overall, in the worst case, you're voteabusing because you are impulsive and reckless, which is kinda supported by this report. In the best case, you didn't follow up with reporting rulebreakers, which, as I said before, isn't a big deal if you're a simple user. It however is if you're applying for admin and you explicitly state you are an active reporter, even more so when you pat yourself on the back as opposed to a "lack of active admins".

J.G. Kierkegaard

Unremarkable User
1. 227 - 139 = 88. Unless I am mistaken, the AFK hours are not subtracted from the playing hours. If anyone can correct me, I'd be thankful. Although this is the least of the issues with this application.

2. It is, "The Cloptologist", please learn to read. The lack of professionalism I see, is the poor formatting and lack of capitalization at certain parts. There are about three paragraphs jammed into one. It shows a complete lack of care about what is being written. While I am not expecting Hemingway, a certain bar must be met in my eyes.

3. Please elaborate. As far as I see the reporting system is working as intended. I have a number of reports submitted and have had no issue getting resolution to issues. Staff on the forums and Discord have been of great help when I needed it.

4. Please read the part I quoted again, as it reads to me as a text book example of, megalomania. In addition, the last time the applicant tried to "improve the community', resulted in a now deleted thread, due in part to the applicant's own poor attitude towards members of the community and it's staff. While that thread is now deleted, I am sure anyone involved in that thread remembers it well. In fact, if that thread still existed, it would be the cornerstone of my -1.

Regardless, I know the staff of Skial will make the correct decision when it comes to this application. I've spoken of my concerns, and I do not believe I need to elaborate further, unless it is needed.

P.S. I expect the applicant to respond to my points and concerns, not his white knight. Thank you for your time.
1. Perhaps I was hasty in this first point. If there is a place where all of this can be proven, please link it to me. I can see your math isn't off, but I still can't see where this information is coming from. [Edit]: I now see the hours listed on the tags of the application. This was my mistake. Even so, I don't see why the AFK hours listed should be counted as complete AFK as opposed to trade negotiation downtime.

2. My point about your name still stands (unnecessary comment about my reading ability btw). While the formatting isn't perfect (neither is yours or anyone's really), this is no reason to believe Tygon isn't fit for the position.

3. You got me here. I was mostly trying to say that asking for citations on his application is fine, but listing that as a reason to vote against him didn't make sense to me. I concede on your counterpoint but still take issue with the original point.

4. Please provide a reason why I should consider your assessment to be a "text book (2 words) example of , (comma splice) megalomania". I am no one's white knight; I want to see someone I respect have a chance to succeed. Also, past experiences shouldn't mean that all applicants using similar rhetoric to express their ideas should be generalized.

Please understand that I am not writing this to be antagonistic; I would rather this not be a thread of insults. I just have a few problems with your assessment as an outsider to the Skial community. I know my word doesn't mean much but I ask that you at least give solid reasons why you believe Tygon shouldn't be considered.

Thank you for taking the time to understand where I'm coming from. Again, I'm not trying to start anything.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: Jermaphobe

SpyTF2

Unremarkable User
came back to trading in the last few months after a many years break and cant say anything but good things about Tygon. I know the guy for being nice and being on the trading grind! Can say that the guy is stand up trustworthy. I wouldnt be afraid of trading an unusual to him to borrow it. If I were skial I would seriously consider this guy since youre getting someone who actually cares about the servers from personal interest.

I read all the comments here and people seem to be talking about his hours in the game? If he meets the requirements and hes a good candidate then he should be a good pick :).

swinburn

Unremarkable User
+1 The day I met Tygon, he was supporting other people as he always is, and I've had nothing but good trades and times with him. This guy would be perfect for admin, he's thoughtful. He's just. He has equity.