Status
Not open for further replies.

odm

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1

Like Kalashnikov, Greg is a serious applicant unlike the other goobers. He is serious when needed and would uphold the rules. As he mentioned he is his own person and he should be judged on his actions.

Dustbowl US is a popular server and we do need more admin presence. The onus is put on people to make reports but there is little incentive to making reports as there are rules for very basic stuff like racism and then people get 48H or 72H mutes. Then there is the possibility of being targeted for reporting. There is psychopaths like Tommy who hold grudges for almost a year and target people. When its really bad people will eventually votemenu them but then they just come back later.

I understand that admins are voluntary and cannot be on at all times. The only admins I see on dustbowl are Biggie and Zeo but they cant be there every time so adding more admins at least increases the chance that someone will be on to catch people. Hunter comes on and starts saying dumb racist shit once and then we have to stop playing and try to record him saying it again. If he only says it once is it ok? Wouldn't it better better to have more admins to be able to just take care of trash as they do it?

Bottinger is worried about Skials reputation and it really is kind of the wild west. Too soft on racism, homophobic, transphobic, etc. The regulars have to just deal with it, ignore, mute, or whatever but if someone new comes in, why would they even bother to make reports.

TLDR: More admins would nice. You have 2 serious applicants and they should be taken at their word. Admins are voluntary and if they are bad admins, then strip them. No harm done.

Greggy G

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
More curiosity than anything, but from what I've seen the app looks good with no major issues (except for one small mistake with one of the questions).
I wanted to fix this on my app last night but realized there wasn't an "edit" function for your own posts so I didn't think it was necessary to respond until I saw Kalashnikov respond about it in his app lol. Just want to say that I should have been more careful when answering the question and that I figured out the correct response to the question was sm_ban "#[U:1:65129896]" 1440 "obvious aimbot" after checking multiple previously approved admin apps including yours lol.

Just a quick question. You said in your response to Kalashnikov's app that you cannot point out what the error is in our apps. Why is that?

edit: realized that there is an edit function, just not for your own admin app.

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I wanted to fix this on my app last night but realized there wasn't an "edit" function for your own posts so I didn't think it was necessary to respond until I saw Kalashnikov respond about it in his app lol. Just want to say that I should have been more careful when answering the question and that I figured out the correct response to the question was sm_ban "#[U:1:65129896]" 1440 "obvious aimbot" after checking multiple previously approved admin apps including yours lol.

Just a quick question. You said in your response to Kalashnikov's app that you cannot point out what the error is in our apps. Why is that?

edit: realized that there is an edit function, just not for your own admin app.

There is a pinned thread "No commenting on app answers" in the admin application forum

And now that I think about it... maybe we should ban ourselves for longer than 30 minutes or a day for an obvious aimbot... lol 😝

Last edited:

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
Yes, the correction made is correct and was the mistake. The main reason as to why we don't point out what specifically is wrong in an app is so the person who created the app will thoroughly examine their app, and fix that mistake as well as any others. If upon a second time pointing out something is wrong and they still do not notice the mistake, that usually helps to point out a few things (whether they do not understand how to execute admin commands properly or possibly even a sign of issues with cross examination). The intention of the question is not only a way of creating a situation where applicants must read up on responsibilities an admin will have to perform, but is also a way of showing dedication towards creating an app (e.g. Apps where the ban question is completly wrong, left blank, or they literally just copy pasted from the link, didn't even bother to use their own steam ID). I would agree that the statement there's something wrong with a question on the app is a little vague, however there are only one or two things that could be wrong (as the others are basic info such as time zone or simply, why I should be an admin) so process of elimination shouldn't be to time consuming.

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
And now that I think about it... maybe we should ban ourselves for longer than 30 minutes or a day for an obvious aimbot... lol
The 30 minutes/1 day ban is simply so applicants can get a feel for the units that bans are recorded in (1 day isn't entered as 1, because bans are calculated in minutes not days). Would be quite a bit simpler if all you had to enter for the time was a 0.

Reactions: KalashnikovA
Status
Not open for further replies.