Status
Not open for further replies.

Greggy G

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Servers Dustbowl 24/7, TFZE, Saxton Hale

Time Zone EST

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ http://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/65129896

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. 565:28:07 (03:33:08 AFK)

Will you get mad if you lose admin? no.

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "U:1:65129896" 1440 "obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
Hello Skial,

My name's Greggy G but you would most recognize me on the servers as just 'greg'. My first join date onto a Skial server was back in August of 2011 but was never a regular until 2-3 years ago when I found my love for TF2 again after a long break. I hopped around from server to server but became a frequent player on the Dustbowl 24/7 server when I met a group of frequent players and became great friends with them. My reasoning for applying is simple, I want to keep the servers that I have fallen in love with clean from rule breakers and hackers who simply want to ruin the good moments we try to enjoy.

I understand that a majority of my time on skial is specifically on one server but I am well aware of how the other servers with different game modes work and can just as easily assist on them whenever needed. Like I said previously, I frequently join the servers and only take small 1-2 week breaks depending on if I have mid-terms or finals. I have prior experience (5+ years) in running and administrating tf2 and other game servers, if you would like more information I would be happy to provide it.

Some points I would like to make sure are recognized is that my chat history is clear of any racial/homophobic responses as I don't use this type of language anywhere including away from Skial and I enforce these rules whenever I notice others breaking them. This doesn't necessarily mean my chat log is crystal clear as I do banter with my friends a lot on the server and in general, try to have an upbeat attitude to make the servers as enjoyable as possible for everyone around. I have a lot of free time even as a college student and can easily respond to a majority of messages asking for assistance.

Tucson

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
+1

Greg is friendly, but not the kind of friendly that is against the rules. One time I shot a rocket at greg in the TF2 server but I missed. The conversatione we had after that went like this:

Me: hehe
Greggy G: haha
Me: hehe

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I would +1 but it might backfire with some troll/dumb reacts from big brain staff so imma just say gregs a cool guy
The other denied posts were honestly shit posts that were never going to pass.

Please don't post unless you have something constructive.

• Dumb
Reactions: Rand

Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Saxton Hale
Hmm, why put Saxton Hale..., i haven't seen this player on there at all..., so i'm going to be neutral with putting a +/-0 for the time being...

Chat logs are normal that's good.
I frequently join the servers and only take small 1-2 week breaks depending on if I have mid-terms or finals.
zO2mo1T.png

Not sure if this is what 1-2 week breaks is supposed to look like..., but i do like the dedication you have for Dustbowl though, that's good i suppose...

My reasoning for applying is simple, I want to keep the servers that I have fallen in love with clean from rule breakers and hackers who simply want to ruin the good moments we try to enjoy.
You can simply put in forum reports for such offensives... considering you don't have any reports established atm, and i think that would be a way to make a good example of yourself and it would give the admins something more to look into for more positives.

This guy is also friends with those guys and their shitpost apps so just a heads up. Can never be too cautious.

Interesting...

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
By the way I'm not saying +1 or -1, it's something to suspect when these associated guys are coming in 1 by 1 after each persons admin app gets rejected. Fuck that.

Greggy G

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
This guy is also friends with those guys and their shitpost apps so just a heads up. Can never be too cautious.
I am assuming you don't mean any disrespect for pairing me with the previous applicants and just want to be vigilant but I can assure you that my friendship with certain players is not a representation of what I stand for or act like. I choose to be friends with the people I choose because I genuinely have great times, conversations, and interactions with them on and off the servers so what they choose to do in their free time is on them and they know that.

By the way I'm not saying +1 or -1, it's something to suspect when these associated guys are coming in 1 by 1 after each persons admin app gets rejected. Fuck that.
I respect that but again, I am not them and they are not me.

Hmm, why put Saxton Hale..., i haven't seen this player on there at all..., so i'm going to be neutral with putting a +/-0 for the time being...
I put Saxton hale as it is a server I have previously joined and have great knowledge of due to my years of experience on tf2 as a whole. I should have made this point clearer in my original post.

Chat logs are normal that's good.

zO2mo1T.png

Not sure if this is what 1-2 week breaks is supposed to look like..., but i do like the dedication you have for Dustbowl though, that's good i suppose...
Well, when I mentioned my 1-2 week breaks that was in reference to playing TF2 Skial as a whole including the server I play on the most which is Dustbowl 24/7 and not each server. Those times show the last time I joined those particular servers and does not include my last join date for DB.

Hope this clears things up.

Reactions: potato2222

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Greg's honestly a good guy and it doesn't matter that he's friends with the other two. Friends don't speak for your character. If he wants to apply, then he can apply regardless of the circumstances. In the end each applicant will be evaluated by Bottiger.

These shit posts on this thread will be cleaned up once a moderator logs on but any further shit posts will result in warnings.

Reactions: Rand and Greggy G

Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Those times show the last time I joined those particular servers and does not include my last join date for DB.
These are the times of when you last played on said servers, i saw no reason to put in DB since it's the only one that tends to change since you play on that server mostly which i already mentioned that i like the dedication for that.

I put Saxton hale as it is a server I have previously joined and have great knowledge of due to my years of experience on tf2 as a whole. I should have made this point clearer in my original post.
Great Knowledge... I don't know about that since these kind of stats for Saxton Hale seems mostly to be in range of 2-3 days of playtime on the server, and yes Saxton Hale EU and US stats are both handled in 1, FF2 has it's own stats page separate from Saxton Hale, now compared to your Vanilla stats which is alot better since as i said before you have dedication for that which is good; however, i'll still be neutral.
iBEN1Pk.png

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: Rand

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
I currently see no issues with the app, everything seems to be quite good with the only improvement being creating and submitting reports (Although its not required to become an admin). I would +1 the app based on that, however, I do have one question.
As a few of the previous commenters have pointed out, you are friends with a few others who followed the same route of creating an admin app, only for the app to be declined and immediately someone else would follow suit. Would you be able to shed any light as to why this is?
More curiosity than anything, but from what I've seen the app looks good with no major issues (except for one small mistake with one of the questions). I am interested in the response given to the question, so at the moment ill leave the app with a +/- 0, however slightly inclined on the positive side.

Reactions: Zeke Aileron

Greggy G

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I do have one question.
As a few of the previous commenters have pointed out, you are friends with a few others who followed the same route of creating an admin app, only for the app to be declined and immediately someone else would follow suit. Would you be able to shed any light as to why this is?
I have no issue at all speaking about this.

Firstly I would like to clarify that us applying one after the other is coincidental and not a planned event. My personal opinion is that while the previous applications can be made out to be as unserious or made as a joke, they are actually being genuine in their resolve for gaining moderation on the server we play on frequently. I believe their intentions were overshadowed by the facetious nature of their responses. As to whether or not they expected on having a chance at actually getting approved, without singling and naming who is who, I believe one did expect to have a realistic chance and another did not and so didn't take it as seriously as an applicant should.

I hope I have made it easier to understand where everyone's true intentions are.

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I currently see no issues with the app, everything seems to be quite good with the only improvement being creating and submitting reports (Although its not required to become an admin). I would +1 the app based on that, however, I do have one question.
More curiosity than anything, but from what I've seen the app looks good with no major issues (except for one small mistake with one of the questions). I am interested in the response given to the question, so at the moment ill leave the app with a +/- 0, however slightly inclined on the positive side.

Hi Nicholas,
You are correct in that there are several applications coming from players on the Dustbowl server, many of us know each other (not in person that I'm aware of, we just see each other all the time), and many of us banter and hang out on discord. If I were a moderator and made the same observation, having just declined two applications, I would have the same concerns. My instinct would be to lean towards denying applications or be extra cautious to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry.

The point I would like to make here is why I think we are seeing a lot of applications from Dustbowl US players. We've noticed many instances where we needed admins, and none are around. It seems like although this is one of the most popular servers, there is a strong need for an admin that plays regularly. And from the concerns I am seeing on your and other admins/moderators, someone that can be trusted given the circumstance.

I realize that this is Greggy's application and also that he just supported my own. If I were to support him, that might hurt both of our chances for getting approved given the circumstances. I would like to offer a what I believe to be a +1 about his character and why I think he would be a good admin.

Greggy has a good balance between maturity and friendliness. He strikes me as the type of person that will be friendly with someone and also hold them accountable to the rules without favoritism or bias. In other words, he would enforce the Skial rules against his own friends and still be friends with them. Greggy would hold me accountable if I crossed the line, and also the recent two (buck and toph) that had their applications denied. I would do the same to any of them.

Giving admin in these cases is not a easy choice and I can understand and respect your caution.

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
I hope I have made it easier to understand where everyone's true intentions are.
Giving admin in these cases is not a easy choice and I can understand and respect your caution
Alright, those responses do give a fair explanation for why those circumstances occured. Main issue was wondering whether it was a friend group attempting to get admin and that was the sole purpose of the apps (only one person would need any sort of power to fulfill group wishes). Feeling the need for an admin to be on the server to provide the quickest solution while understanding the situation is definitely something I can understand, but just wanted to double check there wasn't some form of preconceived bias against specific players and use powers against them in some way. Having a group try to push specific members to apply for admin is not all to uncommon, as that exact situation happened to myself. As long as duty is being fulfilled properly without abuse, I have no issue of what intrigued specific users to apply for admin.
Having seen this response I am more than willing to change my +/- 0 into a +1.

P.S.
I realize that this is Greggy's application and also that he just supported my own. If I were to support him, that might hurt both of our chances for getting approved given the circumstances. I would like to offer a what I believe to be a +1 about his character and why I think he would be a good admin.
I can not speak for other admin viewpoints, however I find any +1 to be beneficial to an applicant as long as reasoning behind this rating is provided. The same goes vice versa with a -1. Evaluating user feedback in such a manner helps to differentiate legitimate responses from trolls and I feel provides a much more accurate identification of who the person applying is and how they act. Ignoring or having specific users opinions completly disregarded would be quite detrimental for that identification process as that would most likely cause a large bias in one direction (For this circumstance it would most likely be an extreme lack of +1 simply due to the current friend group mass application situation). Your response and description about Greg have both been heeded and are completely legitimate reasons for leaving his app with a +1.

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Alright, those responses do give a fair explanation for why those circumstances occured. Main issue was wondering whether it was a friend group attempting to get admin and that was the sole purpose of the apps (only one person would need any sort of power to fulfill group wishes). Feeling the need for an admin to be on the server to provide the quickest solution while understanding the situation is definitely something I can understand, but just wanted to double check there wasn't some form of preconceived bias against specific players and use powers against them in some way. Having a group try to push specific members to apply for admin is not all to uncommon, as that exact situation happened to myself. As long as duty is being fulfilled properly without abuse, I have no issue of what intrigued specific users to apply for admin.
Having seen this response I am more than willing to change my +/- 0 into a +1.

P.S.

I can not speak for other admin viewpoints, however I find any +1 to be beneficial to an applicant as long as reasoning behind this rating is provided. The same goes vice versa with a -1. Evaluating user feedback in such a manner helps to differentiate legitimate responses from trolls and I feel provides a much more accurate identification of who the person applying is and how they act. Ignoring or having specific users opinions completly disregarded would be quite detrimental for that identification process as that would most likely cause a large bias in one direction (For this circumstance it would most likely be an extreme lack of +1 simply due to the current friend group mass application situation). Your response and description about Greg have both been heeded and are completely legitimate reasons for leaving his app with a +1.

Nicholas,
I don't know you very well, but I appreciate and understand the way you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.