Status
Not open for further replies.

John Skial

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Went out of her way to get me permamuted for questioning why she ERP in chat with her online boyfriends constantly in the skial payload+ server and proceeded to harass me with them while I was muted along with trying to get me killed/refusing heals in game. In my opinion power to mute/ban people would be very volatile in the hands of someone like this who has proven they will isolate and harass any individuals in and out of game for such personal reasons.
Smoke you literally are the scum of skial. Your up there with Snake. You've been muted plenty of times before, just sit down if you have nothing constructive to say old man.

Aeryn

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Went out of her way to get me permamuted for questioning why she ERP in chat with her online boyfriends constantly in the skial payload+ server and proceeded to harass me with them while I was muted along with trying to get me killed/refusing heals in game. In my opinion power to mute/ban people would be very volatile in the hands of someone like this who has proven they will isolate and harass any individuals in and out of game for such personal reasons.

Hi, you have two reports that I can find on the Skial website, one from September 2022: https://www.skial.com/threads/smok3daddy-micspamming.102319/
And one from earlier this month, by me: https://www.skial.com/threads/smok3daddy-threatening-to-cheat.109265/

Every time you've been unmuted it hasn't taken long before you return to making homophobic, transphobic, and/or misogynistic comments, sometimes directed at specific people. You were given multiple chances but continued to break the rules over and over, resulting in a permanent mute, which was decided by admins, not me. My report was made after weeks of chat messages like that from you.

John Skial

Contributor
Hi, you have two reports that I can find on the Skial website, one from September 2022: https://www.skial.com/threads/smok3daddy-micspamming.102319/
And one from earlier this month, by me: https://www.skial.com/threads/smok3daddy-threatening-to-cheat.109265/

Every time you've been unmuted it hasn't taken long before you return to making homophobic, transphobic, and/or misogynistic comments, sometimes directed at specific people. You were given multiple chances but continued to break the rules over and over, resulting in a permanent mute, which was decided by admins, not me. My report was made after weeks of chat messages like that from you.
Typical Aeyrn W

SMOK3DADDY

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
Smoke you literally are the scum of skial. Your up there with Snake. You've been muted plenty of times before, just sit down if you have nothing constructive to say old man.
example no. 1 of said lapdogs harassing me in and out of game continuing to do so in this very thread, dont make this person admin, I cannot demonstrate this more clearly.

John Skial

Contributor
example no. 1 of said lapdogs harassing me in and out of game continuing to do so in this very thread, dont make this person admin, I cannot demonstrate this more clearly.
There's a good reason your muted, and your delusional way of thinking is one of them. I'm glad you don't have to spew your vile rhetoric on the servers. It's best if it's over here so everyone can see your true character

yansi

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
you hold the lowest worth of out anybody here that has stated anything on this app and its honesty disgusting and you even attempt to state any garbage opinion from your mouth. Maybe you should focus on WHY you got permamuted instead of bashing someone.

and let me state right now that as someone who regulars the PAYLOAD servers with my full chest

you are an Actual troglodyte of the PAYLOAD servers and in skial.

SMOK3DADDY

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
you hold the lowest worth of out anybody here that has stated anything on this app and its honesty disgusting and you even attempt to state any garbage opinion from your mouth. Maybe you should focus on WHY you got permamuted instead of bashing someone.

and let me state right now that as someone who regulars the PAYLOAD servers with my full chest

you are an Actual troglodyte of the PAYLOAD servers and in skial.
example no.2, look how they show themselves, not a coincidence that the only folks who hate me/want me muted are also wanting this person to be admin

Goosey

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
We here at skial uphold the constitutional rights of every man, woman, and child and in accordance with the fifth amendment of the constitution of the United States of America the burden of proof is placed on you and the defendant, Aeryn, is considered +1 until proven -1 and you must provide evidence that shows the court beyond a reasonable doubt that your accusations are true.

The defense rests, ladies and gentlemen of the jury.

+1 in case you aren't reading all that.

Last edited:

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
A solid app, you've got plenty of hours, and a lot of reports under your belt. I've known you for a long time, and seen you around plenty in this community. You've been very active and able for a long while now, no doubt a worthwhile consideration.

So, you know the drill. Even if I've known you for a good while, my biases are set aside. I hope you understand the role you are signing up for, and what you are expected to do. I will be asking you questions that you must answer honestly.
Good luck!

- - - - -

The role of admin can be a pretty lax and fun time, but with that power comes responsibility as I know you understand. It is expected that our admins set a good example for our community. The role of an admin requires both patience and maturity. We have expectations we hope you can follow through on. Please answer these questions carefully and honestly, no pressure!

- - - - -

1. The role of admin requires you to handle situations in which you must make the toughest choice. While many players understand and respect our rules, bad actors will try to goad and mock you.

In such cases, do you feel you can handle that kind of pressure and maintain confidence in your judgment?

2. Becoming an admin comes with many benefits. These benefits allow you to properly manage servers and handle issues that arise. It also allows you to interact with our community in various ways.

In receiving these privileges, do you feel you are able to handle them and avoid misuse of these abilities? If so, give an example of how you might handle a griefer sending his team to last on a map like upward.

3. Performing your duties is essential in maintaining our servers as a welcoming place. To perform such duties, you are expected to handle any and all rulebreakers equally. This includes fellow staff and even friends.

As an admin, do you feel you are able to perform these duties fairly and provide equal judgment for all of our players?

4. As an admin, life always comes first but even so, we expect our staff to be committed and flexible. Maintaining activity is good for the morale of both players and fellow staff. It is also expected you handle appeals in a fairly timely manner as they appear, so as to provide fair judgment for appealers.

Knowing this, do you feel you are able to remain active in the community to the best of your ability and or circumstance?

gala

Contributor
She def gonna be biased with her friends, esp emo simp boyfriends she does ERP with. Makes the server uncomfortable, not welcoming. So unethical to ERP on the server and with different men too. Not the kinda stuff a role model would do... Would ruin the rep of admins fr.
Nobody knows who you are so your words cannot be taken seriously. This is disregarded until there is evidence to support it

Aeryn

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Thank you @Inferno Lord! I will respond to each of your questions below.

1. The role of admin requires you to handle situations in which you must make the toughest choice. While many players understand and respect our rules, bad actors will try to goad and mock you.

In such cases, do you feel you can handle that kind of pressure and maintain confidence in your judgment?

Yes, personally I believe I have the right experience to deal with this aspect of being an admin. I have been around internet trolls for many years and feel that I can usually spot them from a mile away now. Even with just making reports, I have already experienced various remarks in game from players and I do not feed them or let them get to me. I hope I have shown that I am able to remain calm and professional in situations like those.

2. Becoming an admin comes with many benefits. These benefits allow you to properly manage servers and handle issues that arise. It also allows you to interact with our community in various ways.

In receiving these privileges, do you feel you are able to handle them and avoid misuse of these abilities? If so, give an example of how you might handle a griefer sending his team to last on a map like upward.

Yes, I believe I would be able to use admin tools such as mutes and bans appropriately, and hopefully the reports I've made can attest to my judgement. For the example you gave, I'd first give an admin warning in-game explaining that what they are doing is not allowed and telling them to stop. I'd then spec them and see what they do. If they didn't comply, I'd give them a 1-day ban at first, and then check to see if they had any previous bans that would necessitate a longer punishment.

3. Performing your duties is essential in maintaining our servers as a welcoming place. To perform such duties, you are expected to handle any and all rulebreakers equally. This includes fellow staff and even friends.

As an admin, do you feel you are able to perform these duties fairly and provide equal judgment for all of our players?

Yes, I do. There have been times where I have had to report regulars and I received backlash from some of the community who are friends with them, but I don't let this deter me or change my mind when it's a clear case of rulebreaking. Even if people complain about it in the moment, I believe that players will ultimately appreciate the fact that they can trust you to uphold the rules fairly in all circumstances.

4. As an admin, life always comes first but even so, we expect our staff to be committed and flexible. Maintaining activity is good for the morale of both players and fellow staff. It is also expected you handle appeals in a fairly timely manner as they appear, so as to provide fair judgment for appealers.

Knowing this, do you feel you are able to remain active in the community to the best of your ability and or circumstance?

Definitely. My university schedule allows me to play on the server almost daily and I would be able to respond to reports/appeals throughout the day as well. I would make it a priority to maintain a consistent activity level.

Thank you for the questions Inferno! Let me know if there's anything more you need from me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.