• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

InFrognito Mode

Scarcely Lethal Noob
TF2 in Source 2, interesting. While I’ve seen the improvements that Source 2 has brought, what’s the point of this, is this like a thing saying hey look what we can do, or is this going to be fleshed out as a legitimate alternative to Source 1’s TF2

InFrognito Mode

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Valve isn't going to let any 3rd party monetize TF2 clones. Without money, it is not going to be able to compete with normal TF2. Volunteers just can't put in the same amount or quality of work.
Fair enough, on that topic, do you think Valve will ever get around to patching TF2, or are they too busy on HL3 or 2.5 what ever it is with the story being weird now

Bottiger

Administrator
Fair enough, on that topic, do you think Valve will ever get around to patching TF2, or are they too busy on HL3 or 2.5 what ever it is with the story being weird now

I don't know. But I don't think anyone at Valve wants to work on TF2. The engine is old and no one ambitious wants to work on maintaining an ancient game that has 1/10th the player of dota or cs.

If they make a sequel, it will probably not have community servers, or they will probably treat communities worse than they do in TF2. We would probably not move to TF3.

Reactions: Rornir

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't know. But I don't think anyone at Valve wants to work on TF2. The engine is old and no one ambitious wants to work on maintaining an ancient game that has 1/10th the player of dota or cs.

If they make a sequel, it will probably not have community servers, or they will probably treat communities worse than they do in TF2. We would probably not move to TF3.
Considering the source leak,I think it's safe to say the staff loathe working on tf2.

Sharp Shooter

Somewhat Threatening Sniper

Of all the "3" games we hope to see from Valve (HL3, Portal 3, Dota 3...) TF3 is the least likely to happen. More like downright impossible that we get a TF3.

Bottiger

Administrator
No idea. I don't think they publish any stats. But their discord has like 6000 members.

I bet it is practically dead.

What people should do instead of making full TF2 clones is making their own game instead. They need the ability to make money to pay people to work on it.

At minecraft, communities have made so much money, they started their own companies. And one of them has 50 employees making their own sequel to minecraft.

Sharp Shooter

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I bet it is practically dead.

What people should do instead of making full TF2 clones is making their own game instead. They need the ability to make money to pay people to work on it.

At minecraft, communities have made so much money, they started their own companies. And one of them has 50 employees making their own sequel to minecraft.
Maybe they can use such mods as part of their portfolios when applying to jobs or starting new companies and recruiting?

Reactions: Rornir