Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I just found out that Tapatalk supports XenForo forums like Skial. However, a plugin needs to be installed on the website in question in order for it to work, and the site owner has to register the site on Tapatalk's registry in order for it to show up in the app.

Tapatalk is a mobile app that mostly makes forums more accessible from a smaller device. I think it could be handy for people here with smartphones who like to cause themselves severe psychological damage read posts here on Skial while away from their computer.

I know I'd definitely use it, and it would justify me pirating the app in the first place.

Reactions: DragonNinja

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
also apparently now there is a tapatalk plug in on chrome that alerts you to thread responds

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Google Chrome. I have it on now.
Oh, I know you meant Google Chrome. I've got the beta running on my Asus Transformer Prime.

The Xenforo WYSIWIG editor doesn't work properly in Chrome Beta for Android. The vanilla editor is... weird, but functional. However all other text boxes/editors/etc. work just fine in Chrome Beta, such as the WYSIWIG editor in vBulletin (I post a lot on HardForum.com and acapella.harmony-central.com).

butterfingersman

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Oh, I know you meant Google Chrome. I've got the beta running on my Asus Transformer Prime.

The Xenforo WYSIWIG editor doesn't work properly in Chrome Beta for Android. The vanilla editor is... weird, but functional. However all other text boxes/editors/etc. work just fine in Chrome Beta, such as the WYSIWIG editor in vBulletin (I post a lot on HardForum.com and acapella.harmony-central.com).
Oh. ^_^

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I've noticed that a lot of people are using Tapatalk now. Bottiger, are you at liberty to discuss how much traffic is coming through via Tapatalk? Just interested to see percent of users are using it.

9nTAW.jpg