Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I just found out that Tapatalk supports XenForo forums like Skial. However, a plugin needs to be installed on the website in question in order for it to work, and the site owner has to register the site on Tapatalk's registry in order for it to show up in the app.

Tapatalk is a mobile app that mostly makes forums more accessible from a smaller device. I think it could be handy for people here with smartphones who like to cause themselves severe psychological damage read posts here on Skial while away from their computer.

I know I'd definitely use it, and it would justify me pirating the app in the first place.

Reactions: DragonNinja

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Unfortunately it's a pay app that I haven't wanted to install but every page load on my Android devices now asks me if I'm interested. Most sites that support Tapatalk only ask on the first load. Can you fix that, Bott?

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Unfortunately it's a pay app that I haven't wanted to install but every page load on my Android devices now asks me if I'm interested. Most sites that support Tapatalk only ask on the first load. Can you fix that, Bott?
Yeah, this isn't normal behavior for Tapatalk-enabled forums. It's only supposed to ask once, and then I think cookies on the phone would dictate that it doesn't ask again (until cookies expire or are cleared).

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
i have a special version of tapatalk that i might be willing to share if people would be interested in it

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So this is kind of a cool app. Maybe not worth the 2.99, but whatever.
It works with lots of other forums, too. If it's not enabled, it seems that enabling Tapatalk on other forums is really easy for the forum admins to do (from what I can tell, you just make a Tapatalk account and install a standard forum plugin).

I mean, it costs less than a Happy Meal, so meh.