• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Kaku Seiga

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
So, a few days ago, many of my custom weapons (skins AND sounds) stopped working on the HIGHTOWER+ server in Chicago, but they still work on say, the TRADE US1 server. Do different servers have different sv_pure whitelists on Skial, or is it just me? Cuz I don't like crashing a lot on the server I frequent the most just because whoever runs it decided to change the whitelist without telling anyone...

Kaku Seiga

Contributor
I thought so, then the HIGHTOWER+ server in Chicago changed the whitelist because it's not just me, other players have mentioned that since a few days ago their custom skins haven't been appearing. it's odd because the custom skin on my degreaser works, but not the custom mesh/texture/icon for the axtinguisher or the custom dispenser faceplate/sounds I have. Could you get someone to look into it? Cuz looking at that whitelist, I don't see why any non-gamebreaking custom things shouldn't appear.

Kaku Seiga

Contributor
Bumping this post up since I haven't gotten a proper response, and after playing on a few of your other servers (VSH US/Trade US 1/HIGHTOWER+ EU) with all my custom skins/models working, it's my firm belief that the HIGHTOWER+ Chicago server's whitelist is messed up, or set to be very restrictive...

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Look, maybe it's not my place to say something, but I feel that you're being a bit impatient here. People have other stuff to do, and you're only one person. Maybe if others were chiming in, they would take it as a serious issue. Call me a noob, but I don't use custom skins, all I'm worried about is if the gameplay on servers is functional - I'm sure the primary concern is right there. Just kick back and relax. If they haven't gotten back to this in a couple days then maybe I'd consider bumping it, but three hours doesn't seem a long enough time for such things. Skial has a lot of servers to manage. Not saying your issue doesn't need to be addressed, just saying it doesn't seem like much of a priority given the fact that as Zebra mentioned, the whitelist is being discussed elsewhere and obviously changes take time if they are being implemented.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
the servers glitch out when dealing with the whitelist sometimes