Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I'm sure I'll get a lot of flak for this, but it's something that can't be ignored.
Skial bans racism, correct? Swastikas, slurs, etc. Being racist isn't illegal in the sense of personal expression, yet Skial bans it even though saying that you "hate X race because of X slur" is technically still covered under free speech.

We've had people banned for six months/a year for posting content of questionable legality(LadyP's situation) even though it was based mostly on technicalities("Well, it could be considered illegal so we'll ban for it.")

So, with those demonstrations of rule enforcement, why do we still allow Lolita/loli?
Last I checked, it's more controversial than compromising photographs of a legal-age female.
It's banned in several countries yet we allow it to invade Skial? It's obscene and very questionable, but the admins won't enforce the "illegal content" part of the rules. Why do we tolerate it?
So my proposal is to add specifically it to the "Banned things" that Skial does not allow on the forums. This is, to put it simply, a suggestion to make it mandatory to take action.
Thank you for your time ladies and gentlemen, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Update: Texas Penal Code Chapter 43
http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article235.htm?#
California Penal Code 311

Last edited:

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It is already in the rules under "illegal sprays"

It isn't specified. It comes down to when you see it and tell them it's against the rules and they say "it isn't in the rules". Like the "changing name while muted" thing. It wasn't there before but they decided to add it so people can't say "not in the rules".

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It is already in the rules under "illegal sprays"
Thats very simplified. What you might find illegal, I might not. And what might be illegal in America might not be illegal in a different part of the world. I'v seen admins ban for Nazi sprays but its not illegal to be a Nazi, just frowned at.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
We do not need to specifiy what is illegal and what is not illegal.

Again, people who have illegal sprays can say "not in the rules so it's fine". I came across that a couple times. And unfortunately, it's not illegal in every country.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
So you tell them it is in the rules as an "illegal spray". If you have a problem. Get an admin. A ban will make it really care who is right

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Then they say "not in the rules". That's why the part about changing name while muted was added so people can't say that.

Eris

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
IMO If you still have sprays enabled at this point, you deserve to have your virgin eyes soiled.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
IMO If you still have sprays enabled at this point, you deserve to have your virgin eyes soiled.

Except these kinds of sprays are ILLEGAL in the United States. However, it's not illegal in other countries which is really unfortunate. That's why this suggestion is here. Doesn't matter if you have virgin eyes or whatever. What's illegal is illegal.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I still think it should at least have an example underneath "Illegal Sprays" which says: ex. lolicon/lolita/loli. Just so people who uses those kinds of sprays can't say "not in the rules".

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
What? racism is its own seperate rule.
That's the point. The rules aren't entirely based upon legality-which is what you've been arguing towards-its based upon being obscene(at least the racism rule)
This is to ban loli because it is obscene and very questionable in its legality on the side.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
So you want to add an example in the rules? That is different than changing the rules, as I said; there is nothing to change

Eris

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Except these kinds of sprays are ILLEGAL in the United States. However, it's not illegal in other countries which is really unfortunate. That's why this suggestion is here. Doesn't matter if you have virgin eyes or whatever. What's illegal is illegal.
They're not illegal. But whatever you want to think keeps the children safe.

Ain't no party bus outside my house yet.