Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Long story short, TF2 played fine then I stopped playing it for awhile. Came back to play it and I find myself having 'stuttering' while playing, more specifically the characters are stuttering around very slightly along with my field of view to a small extent.

Edit - also seems to be doing it with certain projectiles such as jarate.

It doesn't make the game unplayable but it is irritating.

Demo of the stuttering issue: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93545993/stuttering.dem

If you look closely you'll see some stuttering going on with some characters as well as my field of view and projectiles.

It's a constant "micro"stuttering that is always there

Edit -

After verifying game cache the stuttering subsided

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I've had stuttering issues as well since a few updates ago, but I just thought it was my laptop being slow in the head.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I've had stuttering issues as well since a few updates ago, but I just thought it was my laptop being slow in the head.

I don't think this is due to lack of hardware power. I've ran TF2 on low settings while lagging my balls off on my old desktop and I still didn't have this type of stuttering.

Plus I've ran TF2 fine without this problem until I recently started playing it again.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ever since the steampipe update I get random lags when I can't do shit for like 0.5-1 seconds.

Ceeddd

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Is it an actual FPS drop? i.e. does the fps counter on net_graph or on showfps go down?

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
No, DOTA2 does that as well...but doesn't seem to happen for Civ5. Steampipe might be the issue now that I think about it.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Is it an actual FPS drop? i.e. does the fps counter on net_graph or on showfps go down?

FPS is nothing out of the normal

In my experience everything just stops for like .5 seconds and then resumes.

This is a completely different issue from what I'm having

Forgive me if this sounds rude but I'd appreciate it if seperate threads were made so there's no confusion

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
suprisingly i haven't had any stuttering issues on my craptop. have you tried re-installing or verifying game cache?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Physically clean your PC? (Compressed air, get the dust out)

I clean it out every other month and keep a eye tempatures. According to coretemp my processor never goes past 158F (the max it can take is 185F before it starts to cause stuttering from overheating and eventually turn itself off.

suprisingly i haven't had any stuttering issues on my craptop. have you tried re-installing or verifying game cache?

I'll try verifying game cache. I'm not sure if its related but TF2 is stuck permanently syncing for some reason.

siZeDcuBe

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Also, your ram + graphics card decreases slightly with use because of physical factors, how old are they?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
How does that work? Ram is hardware, not software :confused:

It's a joke website I'm sure. Still I don't know what would happen if someone actually tried using it.

Hopefully nothing destructive because there are people out there who fall for those types of things.

Edit -

If you scroll to the very bottom of the page in small print it says it's a joke website.

Reactions: siZeDcuBe

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
It is... Derp.

1361244846500.jpg

T-Bills

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Fire up task manager and check and see if there's a program that starts/stops without your notice. My work desktop has an IM monitoring program that starts every 5 seconds, uses up 100% of CPU cycles, then disappears again. Annoys the crap out of me.

While you're at it, might as well scan your computer with Malwarebytes