• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor

Link to poll

This is a link to a google form that wants your thoughts an opinions on the current meta of FF2. This is mainly for FF2 players who've played in Feburary of this year and onwards. I'm gathering information to see what needs changes and what are peoples thoughts and opinions on certain bosses and weapons. It has quite a bit of length to it but I don't think this would take more than 5 minutes or so.

DrMonitor

Mildly Menacing Medic
Sorry for writing a paragraph but I think this is a good thing to post. Also the overseer is getting a new model everyone, and probably some stat/ number changes.

DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor

God of Why

Scarcely Lethal Noob
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PWyloX27LaO2MqtFBVcZhULiL1Aa2bEgW_GlTyMu1ek/edit?usp=sharing
Here are the results. This was past my due date of March 15th. There are some things needed to be said though. Not every suggestion or answer said I will take or do, this form poll is mostly for me to know what the community thinks about FF2 as a whole and for me to remove my bias on certain topics, and last of all thank you for participating.
Here is my two cents, Battalions needs a rework or a removal. The battalions makes it damn near impossible to win a round if a soldier knows how to aim. Make it so that Medics Can't uber each other rendering them invincible. Rework Pig since he is weak as hell. Nepgear is worse Handsome Jack and needs a rework. People only rage at gaben because he has a strong rage. and nerf the direct hit

God of Why

Scarcely Lethal Noob
like pig's r ability is just a worse version of pootis bird's and sonic's since it costs 30 rage instead of 5. plus his rage is confusing and his healing ability does noting. nepgear only has one weapon that can't pick down important/annoying targets and the other 2 rages arent strong since the offensive push barely does anything and the defensive push just prolongs your suffering in high person servers. also remove the taunt crits because many people abuse it for infinite mini crits.

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
impossible to win a round if a soldier knows how to aim.
skill issue
Make it so that Medics Can't uber each other rendering them invincible.
just run away
Rework Pig since he is weak as hell.
might get removed
Nepgear is worse Handsome Jack
if we are lucky nep will get replaced with v1
remove the taunt crits because many people abuse it for infinite mini crits.
the biggest of skill issues

God of Why

Scarcely Lethal Noob
skill issue

just run away

might get removed

if we are lucky nep will get replaced with v1

the biggest of skill issues
1 it's not fun to fight against 5 hyper aggresive direct hit soldiers that make themselves virtually unkillable
found the soldier main
2 i can't when they are constantly being hyperaggresive to extend their ubers
3 like half of the playerbase abuses the minicrits and it's not fun to fight against
again, found the soldier main

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
1 it's not fun to fight against 5 hyper aggresive direct hit soldiers that make themselves virtually unkillable
found the soldier main
3 like half of the playerbase abuses the minicrits and it's not fun to fight against
1. Skill issue.
2. Yes you can.
3. You call it taunting, I call it free kill for hale.

Doktoberfest

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
FF2 Balancer
found the soldier main
1) dodge fool they take more damage per jump
2) again dodge or just run away then come back when they're done
3) cry about it

chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
found the soldier main
im sorry but i have to agree with herp you're having a bit of a skill issue
Smart hales target certain classes at the beginning of the round, you'd probably find a bit more success if you kill the medics and engineers first rather than the scouts. taunt minicrits arent super strong unless DH soldier, and they have to aim to actually use them (hard)

Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
@herp 105.4 damn never knew you were a soldier main, thought you only played pyro.
found the soldier main
If a soldier is hyper aggressive it means they are close to you, which means they're quite simple to kill. If they aren't getting close to you and simply are sniping you with the direct hit, just dodge. Same thing with medic, one super jump and you're at the other side of the map, wait 10 seconds, there uber is gone and now are just sitting ducks. People actually use the minicrit system? I have only seen direct hit soldiers use them, maybe a heavy, it's not nearly as strong as you think.