185db

Epic Skial Regular
So I currently have a 1000 gb hard drive that seems to work pretty fine and have not had any problems with it. I was reading perwilds thread and I decided to look up what an SSD was and I never new that they actually work faster. My computer is of decent build, i5, 8gb ram and gtx 750 ti, but the faster loading would be cool

What I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for a good SSD that ideally has 1 terabyte of data. My price range is somewhere around $100-$150 max, so if 1 tb is not possible 500 gb should be ok. I would also like to know if it is even worth it to upgrade.

Thank you!

PC
because I don't even know if it will work with mine

Just for reference, my computer boots up from a shut down in about 15 seconds.

Last edited:

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So I currently have a 1000 gb hard drive that seems to work pretty fine and have not had any problems with it. I was reading perwilds thread and I decided to look up what an SSD was and I never new that they actually work faster. My computer is of decent build, i5, 8gb ram and gtx 750 ti, but the faster loading would be cool

What I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for a good SSD that ideally has 1 terabyte of data. My price range is somewhere around $100-$150 max, so if 1 tb is not possible 500 gb should be ok. I would also like to know if it is even worth it to upgrade.

Thank you!

PC
because I don't even know if it will work with mine

Just for reference, my computer boots up from a shut down in about 15 seconds.
Your comp boots up in FIFTEEN SECONDS without an SSD? Are you measuring that right? Haha. But, if that's right, then what do you need an SSD for? 15 is pretty good!

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
1TB SSDs are miles outside your price range. Samsung's 850 EVO series has a 500GB version for exactly $150, though.

If you're already booting up in 15 seconds I don't really see the point. Unless load screens or searching for files is really dragging ass, or something. Mine boots in about 7-10 seconds.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I was gonna get an SSD but my boot times are fine, don't need anymore speed there. tbh it's not worth it if your pc is fast enough for your liking.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Yeah, I counted that with me putting the password in at start as well. I guess if you count the time it takes for the pc to actually open an app and be up to full speed from shut down it is probably a little under 25 seconds but it is 15 to get to desktop.

It also takes me about 10 seconds to start tf2 and another 10 to join a server. I always thought joining a server slow was because of my internet but I guess not. I mean it's nice, but I wouldn't mind it being faster. I'm assuming this would also speed up application opening times and browser searching maybe. That is always nice.

I'm not the one paying btw.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Definitely replace the PSU, damn premades also coming packaged with power supplies that'll burn your house down.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Definitely replace the PSU, damn premades also coming packaged with power supplies that'll burn your house down.
Oh yeah I did that when I got my graphics card because the current one could not supply enough. Right now I have a 430 watt EVGA that gives me more than enough. $15 good deal. Only problem is that it has way too many cords.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
ф good SSD that ideally has 1 terabyte of data. My price range is somewhere around $100-$150 max

zxsDBwn.jpg

Seriously though...
You don't need SSD for your data (pictures, music, video, even games). All you need it for is for your OS. So buy 250GB SSD (or even 120GB) and use it as a boot drive (C:\) only and keep all your data on your regular 1TB drive.

Reactions: KillerZebra

185db

Epic Skial Regular
I have no idea how to do that and I don't understand. Do I keep both in the pc at the same time or what do you mean.