ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think it means all servers hosted on the competitive box, which is probably a lot.

Bottiger

Administrator
The problem with automatic reboots is that it can happen while a lobby is being formed.

That is why people complained about the map changing and all the settings getting messed up when we first setup the lobby server.

There is no way to detect whether a tf2lobby has started forming, or has been aborted, or ended.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The problem with automatic reboots is that it can happen while a lobby is being formed.

That is why people complained about the map changing and all the settings getting messed up when we first setup the lobby server.

There is no way to detect whether a tf2lobby has started forming, or has been aborted, or ended.
Well it does some kind of connection when you create the lobby to set things up. If no one gets on in say 30 minutes from that, I think it's safe to assume the lobby failed. Also, there are win conditions so just auto kick everyone 30 seconds after win condition is met or something.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well it does some kind of connection when you create the lobby to set things up. If no one gets on in say 30 minutes from that, I think it's safe to assume the lobby failed. Also, there are win conditions so just auto kick everyone 30 seconds after win condition is met or something.
ahahahaha oh man. this one time i was in a lobby for 4 hours. (it was 8am when it finally started, but still)

is there a way to give limited ability to exec cfgs to some people? They probably want the stv to work to make the server ugc legal, and if you let like, classy and ruelel or some people to have the ability to turn ugc cfgs off and on it might resolve any issues.

may i add
<3 <3 <3

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't think there's a way to limit rcon abilities. ANYWAY, I spun up a VPS for at least oDR to use in Dallas so I don't think we'll specifically need this now although I think it would be a cool idea to offer it to comp players.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't think there's a way to limit rcon abilities. ANYWAY, I spun up a VPS for at least oDR to use in Dallas so I don't think we'll specifically need this now although I think it would be a cool idea to offer it to comp players.
idk, bott seemed to do some sort of restriction with the public lobby server.

Bottiger

Administrator
I already put in an stv.cfg a month ago when dragon ninja or whatever his name is now asked me about it. And now they have their own server.

tv_enable "1"
tv_chattimelimit "1"
tv_delay "120"
tv_delaymapchange "1"
tv_transmitall "1"
tv_maxrate "8000"
tv_maxclients "1"
tv_autorecord "1"

echo"+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"
echo"****Restart/Change map to enable STV****"
echo"+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"
sm_csay "STV will be enabled after map restart/change"
say "STV will be enabled after map restart/change"

There is no way to detect rcon commands sent from tf2lobby. And if people abandon the match, the win conditions would never fire.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Guess you're right. The UGC config for STV is slightly different
//SourceTV settings - STV recording is mandatory
tv_enable 1
tv_chattimelimit 1
tv_delay 90
tv_delaymapchange 1
tv_transmitall 1
tv_maxrate 8000
Not sure why they want less of a delay

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
The stv config still won't work as the maxplayers for all skial servers is 33, enabling source tv will set it to 34 which of course will crash the client when connecting to the server.

If STV was to be enabled then you'd have to set the maxplayers of the COMP servers to 32 or enable STV from the server start up commands.

As Bottiger has pointed out STV has memory leak issues which is why i wanted a config which can be executed to enable STV if the user needs it.
Bottiger did install the STV config but he didn't change the COMP | EU server's maxplayers to 32 which meant it was useless.

Our Highlander team needed STV demos if we were to play our league matches on the COMP server which is why eventually we hired our own server.

Bottiger

Administrator
I changed the maxplayers to 32 for now. But if I see a lobby server taking up all the memory and causing every other server to lag, I will have to remove it permanently.