• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shblj

Scarcely Lethal Noob
00746.gif

yeah I know, dumb, you don't have to unban me, but if you have the time that would be awesome.

Other stuff: I don't know why, but none of my other friends seem to be affected (effected?) I'm trying to figure out what exact IP it is but all of my friends, (who also play on skial) don't get banned. I dunno, maybe I'm just unlucky :(

shblj

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Yeah I figured it out, my school has 2 public IP addresses, one of them has a better connection but you need to go down to the office to get the password (changes sometimes, this is the one the hacker used) and the other one is just "guest". I use the better one because I actually like to not die as much when I play tf2 but my friends are all lazy bastards so they didn't get banned.

I guess that's what being not lazy gets you:facepalm:

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Thats not what i meant.... Channels don't change your external IP.

Link me to your friends account.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Your friend has never connected from an IP registered to your school system.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
STEAM_0:0:41112321 - Has not played on skial in a long time.
http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=3580383

STEAM_0:1:40820908 - Has not played on an IP address linked to your school. That i could find anyway.

There is absolutely no way your friends could be playing on our servers from a school computer. None of their IP address match any of your schools IP's. At least from what I looked at.

I will unban you again. But please stop wasting my time. Follow simple instructions. I thought i made it clear when i said "do not connect from school or you will be rebanned". If you get banned again, then I will just leave you banned.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
What? Did you not read anything? Some guy with his school IP got banned for hacking. I unbanned him but not the IP, and told him not to use that IP because it will ban him again cause it is linked to the hacker.
http://www.skial.com/threads/ban-appeal.38126/

Please read before posting. It makes you look dumb. And yes this is coming from me.
I read it, he wasn't hacking, someone else was. Playing from school IP isn't against the rules: http://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/
So why the hell are you banning him for?

Please think before you post, it makes you look even dumber than you really are, and that's saying something.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
I read it, he wasn't hacking, someone else was. Playing from school IP isn't against the rules: http://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/
So why the hell are you banning him for?

Please think before you post, it makes you look even dumber than you really are, and that's saying something.
I think there has been some miscommunication.

Shblj (STEAM_0:1:32454891) has been banned from Skial servers because he connected from an IP (159.191.159.254) that was already banned with account STEAM_0:1:53118316 by SMAC.

So, KillerZebra unbanned Shblj's Steam ID (STEAM_0:1:32454891) but not the banned IP ((159.191.159.254), which is the IP of his school network. But shblj unintentionally logged in again from his school IP, and thus KillerZebra is so kind to unban him again but saying he won't keep on doing it.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think there has been some miscommunication.

Shblj (STEAM_0:1:32454891) has been banned from Skial servers because he connected from an IP (159.191.159.254) that was already banned with account STEAM_0:1:53118316 by SMAC.

So, KillerZebra unbanned Shblj's Steam ID (STEAM_0:1:32454891) but not the banned IP ((159.191.159.254), which is the IP of his school network. But shblj unintentionally logged in again from his school IP, and thus KillerZebra is so kind to unban him again but saying he won't keep on doing it.
There is no miscommunication here.

OP didn't break any rules, connecting from school IP isn't against the rules (read it yourself), banning him because someone else hacked from that IP is admin abuse.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
There is no miscommunication here.

OP didn't break any rules, connecting from school IP isn't against the rules (read it yourself), banning him because someone else hacked from that IP is admin abuse.

Dude, the IP is banned. If he connects to it he gets banned automagically. It has nothing to do with him doing anything but connecting to a banned IP. What is so hard to understand?

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
When you break one of those server rules you get banned. As well as your IP address, so that you cannot just make a new Steam account and continue hacking. At some point there was a problem with hackers just making new accounts over and over. So then Bottiger implemented banning IPs.

There was a hacker on this school IP therefore when anyone connects from that IP, then SourceMod automatically bans that account, so that hackers cannot dodge the ban.

In this case the guy was not a hacker, so Zebra unbanned his account, but left the IP banned so that the hacker couldn't start hacking again. And Zebra warned him that if he reconnected, then SourceMod would automaticaly ban him again.

The guy didn't listen and tried to connect from the school IP again, and got banned AGAIN. Zebra unbanned him AGAIN. He reminded him AGAIN to not connect with the school IP because that IP is banned and it would automatically ban his account.

Bottiger uses IP bans on Skial servers. If this is admin abuse, then Bottiger is the abuser. How ridiculous does that sound?

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Bottiger uses IP bans on Skial servers. If this is admin abuse, then Bottiger is the abuser. How ridiculous does that sound?
Ridiculous, but true: connecting from banned IP isn't against the rules. It's just a way to prevent hackers dodging the ban, but innocent people should not be banned by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.