Fang

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just got a new laptop with Windows 8 installed and my browsing speed and downloading speed's are incredibly slow, please help.

Fang

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Try flushing your DNS Cache

Also, I highly doubt this is a problem with Windows 8.
Well my last laptop was an HP Compaq with a single core possessor, 4gb ram and windows 7 was pretty fast compared to my new one, Toshiba duel core 6gb ram windows 8.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Back in my day, we didn't have "Window's 8," we had the printing press. I have windows 8, and I do find it slower then my old windows 7 computer (regarding the internet speed and computer performance). I think it runs extra services that may slow it down. Also, certain internet providers (Like *COUGH*Century Link*COUGH COUGH*) Are still updating their server depots, so they just can't simply keep up with the new higher standard.

Also, who would ever consider taking out the start button -_-

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Back in my day, we didn't have "Window's 8," we had the printing press. I have windows 8, and I do find it slower then my old windows 7 computer (regarding the internet speed and computer performance). I think it runs extra services that may slow it down. Also, certain internet providers (Like *COUGH*Century Link*COUGH COUGH*) Are still updating their server depots, so they just can't simply keep up with the new higher standard.

I really don't understand why you bothered commenting if it had already been resolved by the tech geeks on the forum, and the fact that you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I have windows 8, and I do find it slower then my old windows 7 computer. I think it runs extra services that may slow it down.
You think wrong. Windows 8 has less services than Windows 7 and is more optimized to run on tablets that traditionally have less resources than desktops.
  1. Welcome to Windows 8.1;
  2. Windows 8 was designed to be interactive OS meaning that you access all your applications by interacting with the Desktop, not by clicking your mouse on "Start" button. For regular users, who use PCs and tablets to tweet, post on FB, and watch videos on YouTube there is really no need in "Start" button - just create shortcuts on metro and enjoy.