Bottiger

Administrator
Another thing I should add that Metropolis is a very popular map. The people that left to go to bed for work in the morning, get off cause they wanted to switch games. I don't think people hate the map.

People left in droves once the map changed, they didn't leave because they needed to go to sleep. It was only at 9 pm CDT when this happened.

This is what people were saying right after they all left.

*DEAD* Anonymous: what the fuck
*DEAD* Anonymous: is this map
Lizard: shit map kills server, more at 10

You have to keep in mind that while yes, you may be a regular, your tastes may not represent the majority of the players who play on the server.

XenoMorphin' Power Ranger

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I'm rather disgusted by this. Because you saw this happen once doesn't mean a damn thing. I've seen Badwater kill the server MULTIPLE times. I could say that about every map on the server. It just happens. The general response to the map during the many hours I have played on it was that it was a decent map that was a nice change. I know this not from a guess, or some random occurrence. I have made it a point to ask people about it during the game. I tend to play at different times depending so I have been able to ask a wide selection of people. There has been discussion of finding or setting up a new server because of this type of action. Please do not ruin a good thing just cause you had one bad experience. We never see you on the server so how can you possibly know what is good for those who actually play on it?

jessisduhbest

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
The server HAS to die on a server. Whether it's Badwater, Barnblitz, Upward, Metropolis, IT WILL DIE EVENTUALLY. From experience, the server USUALLY dies 10-11 pm EST. I have never ever ever seen the server die on Metropolis. Also, Metropolis MUST have been voted on for the map to change (meaning people want it c: ). Why can't we just HAVE IT AS AN OPTION? Ever two maps or so we would go back to Metropolis, making a point to support the map. Yet it's removed.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
ward, Metropolis, IT WILL DIE EVENTUALLY. From experience, the server USUALLY dies 10-11 pm EST. I have never ever ever seen the server die on Metropolis. Also, M
Just to play devil's advocate regarding when the server dies... here's the actual last week's statistics: http://stats.skial.com/#server/16 - hover on each day. It only died once past 10 this week, and that was yesterday. Otherwise, you all have a point that all maps trigger the server to die eventually :wink: