Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Servers:
JAILBREAK | NY
Time:
Weekdays 2:30-5:30 PM CDT Weekends 7:30 AM-10:00 AM, 5:30-8:30 PM CDT
Hlstats:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
If I lost moderator, I would not get mad. I would have done something to deserve it and wouldn't be mad if it was my fault.
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#[U:1:59913051]" 30 "obvious aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
Please note this is an application for Jailbreak Moderator, not admin.

Hello, I'm Sir Cakez, or as some of you may know me from in-game, [Cakez] Sir Starbuckz is Yummy. I first joined Skial back in June, around when quickplay was messed up by Valve. I initially played as somewhat of a jerk, with no real regard for the rules. I ended up being muted by Mocha for one day about three months ago. This led me to come to the forums to appeal. I looked at the other appeals and reports, and decided I wanted to be better then just some rulebreaker. I started to make reports and be more active on the forums. I haven't had a server-based offense since the mute, and have many Resolved reports to my name. I have now made Jailbreak my new home, and find all the regulars and admins very welcoming and nice. Since KillerZebra will point this out if I don't, I did receive a warning point about a week ago for posting in ban appeals. I was unaware of the rules regarding Appeals, and have not made a post there since.

I think I should be Jailbreak Moderator because I now know the rules very well, and am always on the lookout for troublemakers. I have learned how to make demos very well, and if someone breaks the rules while I'm on the server, they can expect to be reported, and subsequently banned/muted, by the end of the day. One problem I always run into is the fact that reports can never be dealt with instantly. Getting an admin takes a couple minutes, or getting a vote going takes a minute and by then, the damage is done. All it takes is one mass freekiller to ruin a round of Jailbreak and get players to leave. While these players always do end up banned or muted, it would be nice to be able to slay them in their tracks and keep them from doing their damage. Skial has been awesome to me, and I would hate to see it go away. I want to make sure it stays around for other players to enjoy far into the future. I would love to hear your feedback on what I could improve on.​

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Bottiger disabled them a while back. Honestly just apply for admin as the point of mods are kind of moot now with the amount of custom admins we have now

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Bottiger disabled them a while back. Honestly just apply for admin as the point of mods are kind of moot now with the amount of custom admins we have now
Do you guys think I am good enough to be an admin? I felt like Mod would have been a better first step.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well then, I'm going to retract this JB mod app for now. I might apply for admin in the future. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.