ccbran

Mildly Menacing Medic
There are pros and cons when playing on a public server in Minecraft, some public servers have massive worlds and constructs which are protected by the server admins. These worlds have currency systems and even towns you can apply to become a part of. Its more than I care to explain on a forum, so please just go check out the options before taking people's advice against public servers. As for Terraria vs Minecraft, its not a fair comparison because while the two games are similar in concept, the focus is different in both. Minecraft is much more focused on building whereas Terraria zones in on dungeon diving (I suppose cave diving?). Regardless, both are great games in their own ways, plus Minecraft is still expanding.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
Why all the hate on Minecraft? Seriously, it's not that bad. Just find a semi-private server (like the Skial one), and build shit. It's not like we actively try to like, accomplish anything. We just generally derp around and make awesome things.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why all the hate on Minecraft? Seriously, it's not that bad. Just find a semi-private server (like the Skial one), and build shit. It's not like we actively try to like, accomplish anything. We just generally derp around and make awesome things.

Now there's too much useless content, it's populated by 10-year-olds, and people in public servers are mostly dicks.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
It depends on the server. You can usually find one that will suit your tastes. And no, not all servers are populated by 10 year olds.
Just because you dislike Minecraft doesn't necessarily make it a bad game. It just means that it doesn't appeal to you, which is fine. Not every game has to appeal to you.

You can find a lot of good ones here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/mcservers

It depends on the server. You can usually find one that will suit your tastes. And no, not all servers are populated by 10 year olds.
Just because you dislike Minecraft doesn't necessarily make it a bad game. It just means that it doesn't appeal to you, which is fine. Not every game has to appeal to you.

You can find a lot of good ones here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/mcservers

I would personally recommend to play on a private server with people that you actually know and enjoy their company. In my opinion, public servers on Minecraft isn't worth the hassle because most of them got their share of problem and ridiculous conflicts.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just gotta find fun things, i can amuse myself hours with making neat redstone systems or playing hunger games online.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
Now there's too much useless content, it's populated by 10-year-olds, and people in public servers are mostly dicks.

Toxik

Contributor
Minecraft is amazing if you have friends to play it with. On your own, you will get bored very quickly.
The only reason I used to play it so much was because a decent chunk of Skial, at that time, was playing it almost all day, we made towns and each person had their house, etc.

Reactions: SgtGiraffe

Grizzle117

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I had Minecraft since it was in early beta and I loved the transformation it went through. I really enjoyed playing it and I probably clocked over 2000+ hours on it. Should you decide to get Minecraft, I highly encourage downloading mods or mod packs. FeedTheBeast is nice. Mods (in my opinion) make this game much, much better. Minecraft has fantastic multiplayer too. Nothing beats fighting along side your friend while raiding a group's base.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I really love Minecraft, If you couldn't tell and usually play single player because griefing seems to happen to me alot. When I do play multiplayer which is still quite a bit I mostly play on the Skial server, kind of feels like single player though because it is usually either just me, or me with 1-3 other ppl.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I use Minecraft to just build stuff in creative mode. Sure, survival is pretty fun. But I prefer creative mode since I can build whatever I want with unlimited resources.