MarniMeow

Unremarkable User
I've been playing tf2 for 13 years. More than most people. The other day I had a HORRIBLE experience with your servers. I used my microphone to make a few quiet remarks and when people recognized my voice as female all hell broke loose. Several people made sexiest remarks, others tried to vote kick me. When I said that this is why female gamers don't speak more, insults were hurled at me. I went to the discord to complain and I was told "you can post on the forums".
When I was an admin on 2 separate severs if I was online and someone complained I would immediately join the server to solve the problem.
Ive seen other forum posts on your own damn site/Reddit that other females have complained about the lack of support. Get your shit together.

Helius21

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
It's a good move to come to the forums for sure, as you can file reports right over here.

There is actually a rule as well stated on this page.
  • Any other discrimination based on gender or religion is not allowed based on admin discretion.
Hope this helps. Be sure to visit this thread to learn how to collect evidence for any report you have. Discord is not the place for this, there is even a channel listed on the server that states that it's not where you file reports for this kinda thing.

MarniMeow

Unremarkable User
Great okay so even if I remember/screen shot the name of the person who started the vote kick. Can I prove the people who voted yes? I'm not constantly recording my tf2 matches. I'm not a streamer. How about the people using mics to abuse me? I can not make a record of the voice chat. This is why admins exist. Are they unable to help me? Do you not have enough active admins? And why do the active admins on discord not have the permissions/ability to immediately help?

Helius21

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Great okay so even if I remember/screen shot the name of the person who started the vote kick. Can I prove the people who voted yes? I'm not constantly recording my tf2 matches. I'm not a streamer. How about the people using mics to abuse me? I can not make a record of the voice chat. This is why admins exist. Are they unable to help me? Do you not have enough active admins? And why do the active admins on discord not have the permissions/ability to immediately help?
https://stats.skial.com/#summary
This page allows you to view many useful resources about users, yourself and others alike. You can review their chat history and find the moment they voted against you, to which you can file a report/appeal regarding it with any context you can provide.

Voice chat is relevant, thankfully though tf2 demos record voice chat in servers (although if I understand correctly, they will not record your own.) You do not have to have voice recordings however, it's just another piece of useful evidence.

The admins here have lives like the rest of us, merely players with a heart intent on helping their community. They cannot always respond immediately, even if they try their best. The only reason I'm here now even is because I'm a bit of a no lifer with Skial. The admins are relatively active and typically respond within hours, latest a day from what I normally see.

The discord is simply not a great place for these things as per their discretion. It's infinitely more useful to document things here anyways, as it is unlikely to get buried by other posts and neglected, unlike a constantly flowing discord chat.

Edit: to clarify, not every admin is a fix all user. You cannot for instance expect a Rust dedicated admin to be the one to respond to your TF2 report. You furthermore cannot expect a discord admin to really respond to game reports. While some are multi-purpose, others are not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

MarniMeow

Unremarkable User
The admins who are Currently Online and already in discord don't have time to help?
Again I'll mention I was a admin on 2 servers, even if I wasn't playing and someone complained I could spare 5 minutes to patrol my server. If I had no time I would not be online.
Demos may record voice chat but skial servers only alow demos if you know how to use the console commands. Also After I had been kicked for "I should remain in the kitchen" its already to late. Also Skial doesn't support tf2 Replays.
Also after I was harassed and complained to your discord admins and didn't take the time to manualy write down with pen and papper the names of the 10+ people who'd yelled at me.
And again I'll mention this isnt the first post I've seen about how unfriendly Skial Servers are.

Toxik

Contributor
First off, I'm genuinely sorry that you had to experience this on our servers, You DM'd me on Discord and I asked you to check #no-bans-or-reports on the Discord because, as Helius said, we do not handle report on Discord. Second, you went straight on a month-old Reddit post about Skial to complain that no one would help you, which is honestly bullshit because all you had to do was follow the instructions on how to make a report and the people who discriminated against you would likely have already been punished.

We get dozens of reports every day, I'm sorry if you feel like your case was not handled in a timely manner, but we cannot ask our admins to be online and active 24/7. Again, you just randomly contacted a bunch of people on the server, I'm not even a TF2 admin but I tried to point you in the right direction and you straight up ignored it. At this point it feels like you're just trying to create drama more than anything, I may be wrong but that is the impression that I got from your behavior.

Again, if you had a problem on our servers, please feel free to use our report function which is used by countless players in order to get their issues resolved. If this is not to your liking, you're more than welcome to keep trying to DM our admins on Discord, but please realize that they will all give you the same answer, "please make a report on the forums".

MarniMeow

Unremarkable User
A. A month old post is really not that long ago.
B. How do you know I commented on a "month old" reddit post? Are you following it? If so and you noticed right away are you telling me you don't have the time to jump into a tf2 sever/ tell someone else to?
C. Again how do I report someone if I dont have their name because I've been kick out of your server.
D. When you told me you were not an admin and refer me to the forums....is this not the forum? Are you admining my post now but not my complaint?

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The admins who are Currently Online and already in discord don't have time to help?
Again I'll mention I was a admin on 2 servers, even if I wasn't playing and someone complained I could spare 5 minutes to patrol my server. If I had no time I would not be online.
Demos may record voice chat but skial servers only alow demos if you know how to use the console commands. Also After I had been kicked for "I should remain in the kitchen" its already to late. Also Skial doesn't support tf2 Replays.
Also after I was harassed and complained to your discord admins and didn't take the time to manualy write down with pen and papper the names of the 10+ people who'd yelled at me.
And again I'll mention this isnt the first post I've seen about how unfriendly Skial Servers are.

If it's for vote abuse, chatlogs are usually enough if there's context behind it. Demos are more solid, concrete proof which is why they prefer that. I recommend immediately start recording the moment something awry starts to happen, or just record the entire match if you want and post the ticks the rulebreaking starts at in the report. Here's a site that tracks skial's chatlogs - http://stats.skial.com/#summary - which is very helpful.

Also, you're going to find toxic people wherever you go. It is inevitable. No matter the game (unless it's single player only), no matter the community, no matter the website, no matter the platform, hell even in real life there are assholes. There's no way to avoid these assholes. They're a part of life whether we like it or not and there's nothing to really do but avoid them when possible and try to make yourself less of a target if feasible. (IE: Telling them to stop being rude/mean/a bully, complaining about the people being assholes while they're around, telling other people to votemute/votekick in retaliation/preemptively vote on them are ways of making yourself a bigger target since they now know you're easily offended/triggered and will pounce on you hard)

Source: I'm an asshole myself.

Toxik

Contributor
A. A month old post is really not that long ago.
B. How do you know I commented on a "month old" reddit post? Are you following it? If so and you noticed right away are you telling me you don't have the time to jump into a tf2 sever/ tell someone else to?
C. Again how do I report someone if I dont have their name because I've been kick out of your server.
D. When you told me you were not an admin and refer me to the forums....is this not the forum? Are you admining my post now but not my complaint?
A. It kind of is when you're just trying to talk shit about our community because admins didn't jump on to defend you as soon as you mentioned it
B. Like I said in our DMs, I'm not a TF2 admin and I tried to help you anyways, I'm not going to ping all of our admins just because you had an experience that could be resolved with a single report.
C. An actual good question, I'll leave it to the TF2 admins to answer.
D. This is the forum, I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm a Discord and forum mod, not sure what the confusion is about.

Reactions: Pwna3e and Helius21

MarniMeow

Unremarkable User
If it's for vote abuse, chatlogs are usually enough if there's context behind it. Demos are more solid, concrete proof which is why they prefer that. I recommend immediately start recording the moment something awry starts to happen, or just record the entire match if you want and post the ticks the rulebreaking starts at in the report. Here's a site that tracks skial's chatlogs - http://stats.skial.com/#summary - which is very helpful.

Also, you're going to find toxic people wherever you go. It is inevitable. No matter the game (unless it's single player only), no matter the community, no matter the website, no matter the platform, hell even in real life there are assholes. There's no way to avoid these assholes. They're a part of life whether we like it or not and there's nothing to really do but avoid them when possible and try to make yourself less of a target if feasible. (IE: Telling them to stop being rude/mean/a bully, complaining about the people being assholes while they're around, telling other people to votemute/votekick in retaliation/preemptively vote on them are ways of making yourself a bigger target since they now know you're easily offended/triggered and will pounce on you hard)

Source: I'm an asshole myself.
Are you kidding me? Are you seriously blaming the victim for the crime? I used my my mic so I should expect to be harassed? Are you telling me I asked for it? Is this what skial servers have come to? Are you serious? This is disgusting.
This is EXACTLY why female gamers are so rare and don't feel comfortable. You are proving my point to a T.

Toxik

Contributor
Are you kidding me? Are you seriously blaming the victim for the crime? I used my my mic so I should expect to be harassed? Are you telling me I asked for it? Is this what skial servers have come to? Are you serious? This is disgusting.
This is EXACTLY why female gamers are so rare and don't feel comfortable. You are proving my point to a T.
This is legit ridiculous. Seminal is an idiot, but he did not blame you for what happened to you, and it's just so fucking ridiculous for you to claim so. We could not give less of a shit what your gender is, if you experience harassment on our servers, all that I ask is for you to make a report for the culprits to get punished, so please stop trying to strawman this shit into some political statement, jesus fucking christ. If you really did play TF2 for 10+ years, you would have long since realized how toxic this community is and how much of a pain it is to keep these people in check and following the rules. Please stop trying to act like you're a unique victim. Our admins handle harassment reports every single day and we do our best to keep our servers free of this type of harassment, I'm sorry this happened to you and if you make a report we will make sure the guilty party will get handled, but at this point it feels like you're just trying to make a scene, and likening yourself to female victims of actual harassment is personally disgusting because some women out there do suffer from actual abuse and you likening this scenario to them to act like a victim is vile and disrespectful.

At this point, I'm not sure whether you are a troll or not. You have been told several times to create a report to get these people punished. You did not choose to follow it and are trying to act like you are special based on your gender, which you keep mentioning. I will only say this once more: make a report.

OrphAnne

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Admins can't just take your word for it though. You can't say "Someone was mean, silence them for 24+ hours" and they're just gonna do it. They need to see it/ they need to hear it.

With a little digging on your part since you don't know the person who called the vote on you... Try looking up your own stats page and finding what server you were on, go back in the chatlog to whatever times you were roughly on and see who said votemenu and pulled up a vote against your Steam ID. Admins can try reading into the context of what is said in chatlogs, but since your problem is the chatter happening on voice, this is why people are trying to be helpful and tell you to record a demo of it. If you are saying it's full on harassment, it probably went on for a minute or two - you can start recording a demo via the TF2 console in that time and just sit there and listen to a few minutes of what they are saying.

If you simply made a report, explaining the situation and posting your steam ID, an admin can help you. It might not be right this minute, but someone is going to look at that report. The person will still get punished, even if the admin sees the report in a day or two.

MarniMeow

Unremarkable User
This is legit ridiculous. Seminal is an idiot, but he did not blame you for what happened to you, and it's just so fucking ridiculous for you to claim so. We could not give less of a shit what your gender is, if you experience harassment on our servers, all that I ask is for you to make a report for the culprits to get punished, so please stop trying to strawman this shit into some political statement, jesus fucking christ. If you really did play TF2 for 10+ years, you would have long since realized how toxic this community is and how much of a pain it is to keep these people in check and following the rules. Please stop trying to act like you're a unique victim. Our admins handle harassment reports every single day and we do our best to keep our servers free of this type of harassment, I'm sorry this happened to you and if you make a report we will make sure the guilty party will get handled, but at this point it feels like you're just trying to make a scene, and likening yourself to female victims of actual harassment is personally disgusting because some women out there do suffer from actual abuse and you likening this scenario to them to act like a victim is vile and disrespectful.

At this point, I'm not sure whether you are a troll or not. You have been told several times to create a report to get these people punished. You did not choose to follow it and are trying to act like you are special based on your gender, which you keep mentioning. I will only say this once more: make a report.
I have asked you 5 times how to report 10+ people from a server that I have been removed and therefore don't know the names.

"Actual harassment" your telling me what happened to me wasn't actual harassment? Your Saying to me as an official representative of your community that I'm faking it? I'm making it up? I'm not a victim and what I went through is minimizing other sexism. This is insane. I cant believe this. Being told to shut up, to go back to the kitchen. Told I dont know what I'm talking about. "suck my dick" You dont care because I went through the wrong channel? Because I'm upset? You think I'm making a scene? FUCKING YES I'M MAKING A SCENE, ITS DESPICABLE.
You have handled this in exactly the same way as the people in that server would have YOU are part of the problem.

Toxik

Contributor
I have asked you 5 times how to report 10+ people from a server that I have been removed and therefore don't know the names.

"Actual harassment" your telling me what happened to me wasn't actual harassment? Your Saying to me as an official representative of your community that I'm faking it? I'm making it up? I'm not a victim and what I went through is minimizing other sexism. This is insane. I cant believe this. Being told to shut up, to go back to the kitchen. Told I dont know what I'm talking about. "suck my dick" You dont care because I went through the wrong channel? Because I'm upset? You think I'm making a scene? FUCKING YES I'M MAKING A SCENE, ITS DESPICABLE.
You have handled this in exactly the same way as the people in that server would have YOU are part of the problem.
Your argument is ridiculous and a perfect example of manstraw. I'm not going to reply to you anymore, maybe other admins will do so. Congratulations on demeaning actual victims, maybe once you step off your high horse and stop acting victimized for being trashed talked on an online video game that's notorious for it, and on servers that have admins that, unlike most other servers, actually do try to do something about it, maybe you'll stop acting victimized and work with them to resolve the issue instead of acting like a troll.

MarniMeow

Unremarkable User
Your argument is ridiculous and a perfect example of manstraw. I'm not going to reply to you anymore, maybe other admins will do so. Congratulations on demeaning actual victims, maybe once you step off your high horse and stop acting victimized for being trashed talked on an online video game that's notorious for it, and on servers that have admins that, unlike most other servers, actually do try to do something about it, maybe you'll stop acting victimized and work with them to resolve the issue instead of acting like a troll.
Its Notorious for being shit so I'm going to just be okay with it being shit? Is that how you view your life? Your Country? Are you you opposed to black lives matter because black people get shot alot anyway so might as well not bother? Its the same thing! Global warming? The polar ice caps are fucked so lets go burn the Rainforest?

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Gather what evidence you can and report it and move on with your life. Sexism/Harassment is against the rules and is reportable. If you don't want to or can't report it due to lack of evidence, you just have to let it go. You're borderline trolling vs actually taking care of the matter at hand. This isn't getting you anywhere in resolving the issue you had with people harassing you. Other people have explained the options to you but you've yet to make a move and report the offenders.

Toxik

Contributor
Its Notorious for being shit so I'm going to just be okay with it being shit? Is that how you view your life? Your Country? Are you you opposed to black lives matter because black people get shot alot anyway so might as well not bother? Its the same thing! Global warming? The polar ice caps are fucked so lets go burn the Rainforest?
I knew I said I was going not to reply to your post, but you know what, fuck. you. Just because you got shit talked in a 10+ year old game does not equate your "struggle" of being trash talked to with people who actually do struggle day to day. Fuck off, you fucking awful troll, and get a goddamn life. You do not get to equate being told "haha you're a girl you bad" with black lives matter, global warming or the rainforest in here, you fucking attention whoring troll.

MarniMeow

Unremarkable User
Gather what evidence you can and report it and move on with your life. Sexism/Harassment is against the rules and is reportable. If you don't want to or can't report it due to lack of evidence, you just have to let it go. You're borderline trolling vs actually taking care of the matter at hand. This isn't getting you anywhere in resolving the issue you had with people harassing you. Other people have explained the options to you but you've yet to make a move and report the offenders.
As Ive asked the admin 6 times. How do I report 10+ people that I dont have the names for. How do I report them? If you can provide me with this information Fantastic! Thank you!
I'm also still posting because I'm disgusted at the disrespect and level of sexism I'm STILL being subject to. This is no longer about the players sexism but seemingly the systemic sexism and level of rudeness displayed by an admin who could have easily stopped this whole issue by acknowledging the problem and not accusing me of lessening other cases of sexism.

MarniMeow

Unremarkable User
I knew I said I was going not to reply to your post, but you know what, fuck. you. Just because you got shit talked in a 10+ year old game does not equate your "struggle" of being trash talked to with people who actually do struggle day to day. Fuck off, you fucking awful troll, and get a goddamn life. You do not get to equate being told "haha you're a girl you bad" with black lives matter, global warming or the rainforest in here, you fucking attention whoring troll.
You are a horrible admin. YOU have escalated this issue. YOU have insulted me. YOU have been sexist. YOU have told me to "fuck" myself. YOU are the problem as I have sated before. The very fact you belittle sexism in EVERY comment you make is disgusting.
You said you would not reply and another admin would I really wish this was the case. Your adminship should be reconsidered. You are suposed to be the voice of reason and a Moderator(NOT ESCALATOR) If you retain you privileges you are clearly just someones friend.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
As Ive asked the admin 6 times. How do I report 10+ people that I dont have the names for. How do I report them? If you can provide me with this information Fantastic! Thank you!
I'm also still posting because I'm disgusted at the disrespect and level of sexism I'm STILL being subject to. This is no longer about the players sexism but seemingly the systemic sexism and level of rudeness displayed by an admin who could have easily stopped this whole issue by acknowledging the problem and not accusing me of lessening other cases of sexism.
You can at least track down who voted against you via Stats page. Once you find out who started the votemenu, then you can go from there. Easy way to figure it out is to start from timestamps from your own stats page and then move into the same timestamps for the server stats you were in. I think you can also search by keywords? I haven't played TF2 since 2016 so my memory is a bit fuzzy. Then report them via the report subforum here with your evidence.

Toxik had a point but you are too busy victimizing yourself instead of actively working to resolve the issue. I legit can't tell if you're trolling us or not because I've met people IRL who spend all their energy complaining but then have no energy left to actually work towards a resolution.