• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Osprey

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Where did I misquote you? I might interpret your statement wrong but "isn't going to get people to donate" sounds like you mean more than just yourself.

You said "he said nobody will donate anymore."

That's a quote. You're saying that I said something. Don't try to make a liar out of me in front of everyone when the record is clear - that's sheisty. You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

I'm not going to go on about the Gravel Pit server because Bottiger and I--very nicely I might add--came to a quick understanding over messaging but I will defend myself against personal attacks.

Osprey

Contributor
How about I switch it back to Gravel Pit, and if it is still empty all the time for the next few days or after winter, then I will revert it?

It's your show. I don't think people will come back immediately because of competition from Skyrim. However, I think they will come back eventually.

edit: MelloJello said that he and his buddies would be back.
edit2: we'll all be back :)

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
You said "he said nobody will donate anymore."
I will defend myself against personal attacks.
I did not mean to attack you or anything. You need to calm down. You said "it isn't going to get people to dontate" I gave you the quote for it. You have a different interpretation of your own quote than I do.
Sorry if it attacked you.

isn't going to get people to donate.
That sounds like nobody (= people) won't donate anymore and that's wrong since I just donated.

Osprey

Contributor
I did not mean to attack you or anything. You need to calm down.

Seriously man, don't try to talk down to people. It doesn't help your image.

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm always calm. I'm just trying to have an intellectual discussion free from people like you that want to come in, mix up the facts and add nothing to the conversation. If you don't think saying "he said" constitutes quoting someone then you need to buy some Rosetta Stone DVDs.

Reactions: CiNiC and Turovik

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
signs-you-know-whats-going-on1.jpeg

Mr. Chevy

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The US11 24/7 gravelpit is the only map I ever play. I actually created this account just to say something about this. Yes, in the past few days the server hasnt been as full, but there are many regular players there.

Reactions: Osprey

MAL

Mildly Menacing Medic
Since you have stats on each server, just make a 2 map rotation and see which one has more players? I'm not sure how many maps are on the new popular rotation server but too many maps in a rotation piss me off when I like 1 or 2 and have to wait for all the shitty ones to cycle over again. I still think Warpath (or Warpath2) + Dustbowl would be awesome. Dustbowl is fun but when you're going back and forth on the first point for 2-3 hours it gets pretty long. The play styles on both maps are very similar and would complement each other nicely imo.

Reactions: Turovik
D

DeadHerald

Honestly, I don't mind the change. Because I hate gravel pit with a passion. It's a horribly unbalanced map that sharply favors BLU by forcing RED to divide it's attention or sacrifice one point. This being exaggerated by the fact that point C can be capped by a Scout in 2-3 seconds and is extremely vulnerable to rocket and sticky jumps. Few pub server teams can muster up the teamwork necessary to properly defend this map.

I say take it down, anything is better. (Except for maybe Thunder Mountain or Junction.)

Osprey

Contributor
Few pub server teams can muster up the teamwork necessary to properly defend this map.

From this morning:
20D2AC78DB9213070B70877E70AE500C22753D00

We sucked and lost the next round... By the way, there were more people playing Gravel Pit than Dustbowl when I was playing this morning.

D

DeadHerald

From this morning:

We sucked and lost the next round... By the way, there were more people playing Gravel Pit than Dustbowl when I was playing this morning.

Every rule has exceptions.

D

DeadHerald

From what I read, you don't want to play a map that involves strategy (a non-unified defense front). I get it.

Not true, I prefer a strategic approach to any game. The problem is that the concept of strategy is lost on the common tards that play in pub servers.

Strategic deployment is fun, herding dimwitted cattle is not.

Osprey

Contributor
Not true, I prefer a strategic approach to any game. The problem is that the concept of strategy is lost on the common tards that play in pub servers.

Strategic deployment is fun, herding dimwitted cattle is not.

You know we're talking about TF2, right? Noobs gonna noob.

Gen.mcMuster

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
*sees anger over server disconnect*

*CoughCoughI'veGotASolutionCoughCough*

have you considered combo servers?

essentially a rotation server with just a few maps that play similarly

EX:
Goldrush/Badwater/ThunderMtn
Coldfront/Badlands/Granary

this would allow you to scrap the less popular servers that never fill up.

and the voting feature allows people to play on a single map indefinitely if they want to.

NOHEROS has a Goldrush/Badwater combo server that is constantly full, and the similarity of the maps causes you to lose fewer players on a map change