Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryIndianDude

Mildly Menacing Medic
Hi,

I've had to report to Steam Support concernign someone who has created a Skial page and has used lots of other accounts that they made to create false "trading reputation". They scammed me, as they wanted me to gift Modern Warfare 2 for steam funds, but they blocked me straight after I gifted them the product. He uses the Skial servers to do this.

Profile on Skial is here: http://www.skial.com/members/io-blutz.4321/#profile-post-2093
Profile on Steam is here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055778542/

Really annoyed, my first trade, and I get screwed over so badly. I know you can't revert this gifting, but check out his Skial page. He created those profiles, and they all posted within hours of eachother reporting good feedback, and these profiles were made minutes before doing this. Coincidence?

Reactions: ProbeX

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
all the profiles on his skial page have the same id. which means they are all one person. He is doing false rep, however we have no evidence right now of him scamming.

i will talk to bottiger about this. as for right now, im at work, not much reasearch i can do atm

thanks for bringing it to our attention

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Don't trade people your game when they say they give you something after.
The rep the skial profile had was not even given with the rep system. All his rep he recieved on the same day. It's not coincidenc.. He's a scammer and a scammer without rep can't scam.
I request a ban for this scammer on Skial Forums and on Servers.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Not at home currently. I'll check IPs when I get home if this hasn't been taken care of by the time I get there.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Non-forum admins aren't able to do IP bans. I would ban the fake accounts, but he could just make more, and IP would be much more practical.

Also, this is the only ban on his Steam ID that I can find.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
how about before jumping strait to a ban we warn the guy.

cause as of right now, all he is guilty of is multiple side accounts. the same thing del piero did and he didnt get banned.

we have no evidence of this guy scamming. and i dont want to treat him like one until we get some

im going to issue him a warning to let him know we are on to him

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

cause as of right now, all he is guilty of is multiple side accounts. the same thing del piero did and he didnt get banned.

we have no evidence of this guy scamming. and i dont want to treat him like one until we get some

Giving yourself fake rep with shill accounts IS scamming, though. There is no reason for anybody to give themselves rep other than to look reputable and lure somebody into getting ripped off.

If that isn't bannable, then it definitely should be.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I have banned all his accounts. And moderators can ban them by using the spam button.
I did that. I didn't want to go through each one and leave him with the ability to make more accounts on his IP.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Le Bottiger said:
I have banned all his accounts. And moderators can ban them by using the spam button.
:lol:

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
madtotheboneisi.png

:P

AngryIndianDude

Mildly Menacing Medic
Thanks guys, first time this ever happened and Skial sorted it all. Steam gave him a holiday from trading too! I didn't get my items refunded though, I'm really quite upset =[ I wish there was something I could do but after countless times I couldn't get MW2 back... Is there noone I can ask about this?

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thanks guys, first time this ever happened and Skial sorted it all. Steam gave him a holiday from trading too! I didn't get my items refunded though, I'm really quite upset =[ I wish there was something I could do but after countless times I couldn't get MW2 back... Is there noone I can ask about this?
you could try messaging steam support. I hear sometimes they reset backpacks.

Unfortunately no one here has to power to fix your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.