• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinJD21

Mildly Menacing Medic
Why should you be unbanned?:
I am a tagged scammer, I was not intentionally scamming and it could have lead to worse causes, like actually finishing a trade. Anyways, I was playing in trade server, about two years ago, (June 12, 2012) is when I traded for an item that I thought to have been a strange sapper, but it turns out that it wasn't strange, I also didn't think anything of it because I had no clue that you could get tradable stock weapons, I buy it, later go into another trade server, and try to resell it, I put the offer in chat, my words were,"who wants to buy a strange sapper." I then get a trade request from a person on the server. I put the "Sapper" into the trade, still unknowing of the actual quality, she then adds items to trade me, she started taking a while, I thought she was just AFK but she was taking screenshots of the trade and posting them on steamrep, this was a big misunderstanding on my part, which has caused me lots of trouble. Please reply.

Other information:
No trade was ever made
The "Victim" informed me of my mistake and then traded me a scrap for it.​
Link to your ban:

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Can you post your trade history of the two trades, please?

And, why did you appeal after 2 years?

Reactions: Evanescence

AustinJD21

Mildly Menacing Medic
I can show you the the trade I did for the sapper but no trade was ever made between me and the "Victim" so there is no history, there is a picture in the report link though.

I am appealing now because I am getting banned from every trading website and I don't like it.

And where do I get the link for the trade because the steam bp inventory history is private?

Evanescence

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hello Skial community,

I'm the victim of this scam attempt.

Let me explain a few things on why i think his tag is legit and why it shouldn't be removed.

The user recently contacted me about this and just ended up into a pile of lies on lies. Why? Let me explain, the user was in possession of various stranges weapons PREVIOUSLY his attempted scam on me on a trading servers.
This user claimed to be new to trading, hence, his screenshot shows more than 35 pages of trade listing PRIOR the trade he did to obtain this sapper.

Why lying to me? He was obviously aware of what was a strange weapons and how to reconize, i mean, how you can’t reconize an item being a strange or not a strange when it have a PERFECT CLEAR ORANGE NAME AND BORDER?

When strange released, at my first one i was able to tell the difference between a stock weapon and a strange one. This guy had massive experience with trading, as he had already more than 35 pages of trading prior his purchase of the sapper. And it’s impossible when you have so many strange, to not know that you sell an item that is a stock weapon.

This is EXACTLY like numerous scammers attempts that people see everyday.

The scammer claim to sell an item of X quality, but when in trade, he put an item of inferior quality and try to quick trade it.

Tf2items website can prove his backpack was already containing various strange weapons.

I’ve also been insulted by the user today, yelled and insulted by this user using capslock.

The user also claimed there was no trade between me and him in post #3, yet, he changed his words and admitted he did in post #6.

I strongly believe the way he obtained the item don’t make his scam a smaller scam. I’ve been deceived by this user to buy a strange sapper, yet, he offered a stock sapper. Something that is strongly impossible to not notice as he had no other sapper than this one, and as he previously had NUMEROUS stranges weapons in the past, he indeed was able to tell the difference.

I strongly believe that the ban he got is perfectly legit for the reason stated in this post.

That is the exact sheme of the « caught red handed scammer » that try the « i didn’t knew » excuse despite it’s experience and how he saw NUMEROUS strange weapons and how he pocessed a lot of them in his inventory as TF2 items site can prove.

Scammers do this with unusual, this scammer did it with a strange.

Claiming to see a strange weapon, but when in trade, he instead offer a lower quality item, despite being aware of the quality of the item being different, as it’s impossible to not know what is a strange and what is not when you already had in hand numerous strange weapons.

Typical scam, perfectly legit in my opinion.

Thanks

Sorry for my bad english, it’s not my first language, also if anyone from SKIAL want to contact me, just LEAVE A COMMENT ON MY STEAM PROFILE then add me. (Only skial team) and will probably be able to discuss about this, but i clearly think the ban is legit.

:)

AustinJD21

Mildly Menacing Medic
You really don't want me to be unbanned huh? You just really can't accept that you're wrong. I had no idea that you could get a tradable stock.

Evanescence

Scarcely Lethal Noob
You really don't want me to be unbanned huh? You just really can't accept that you're wrong. I had no idea that you could get a tradable stock.

You still knew what was a strange as you owned a bunch of them prior this scam attempt. You knew strange was written strange in the name and was orange colored.

And as previously said, Faron on this current trade already confirmed it was a clear scam attempt in my original scam report on SKIAL http://www.skial.com/threads/76561198055412925-scammer.18892/#post-199715

AustinJD21

Mildly Menacing Medic
I have said it a billion times, i had no idea you could get a strange stock weapon and I was excited as hell. I was just ready to get the trade done with fast.

Evanescence

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I have said it a billion times, i had no idea you could get a strange stock weapon and I was excited as hell. I was just ready to get the trade done with fast.
I mean trable stock weapons not strange

No matter what knowledge you had with other weapon. You knew about STRANGE weapons.. You had several of them. You had enough knowledge to make the difference between a strange and something else, no matter what this something else is.

Example: A newborn get breastfeed, he know milk come out of it. So he KNOW it provide milk. Now, if you give him a bottle of milk, which he NEVER seen. YET, he can make the difference between the breast and the bottle of milk despite having no idea what a bottle of milk is.

In your case, it's similar, you knew what was the breast (In this case a strange weapon), but EVEN if you had no idea what was a stock weapon (which is something that i doubt anyway), you knew there ws a difference between a WHITE STOCK ITEM, and a strange ORANGE item.

My example suck, but you get the point, you knew what a strange was, and you were aware the sapper didn't had that orange and strange name on it. You had enough knowledge in a strange weapon to know the difference between one and between anything else.

AustinJD21

Mildly Menacing Medic
I was trying to buy it for a lower price and sell it for a higher price to make a profit (Typical tf2 person) so I wanted it as fast as I could get it, I wasn't paying attention to every little detail.

AustinJD21

Mildly Menacing Medic
I wasn't trying to scam and there never was a scam but you guys are just acting like those people who actually steal multiple items aren't even anywhere close to how "bad" I was

Evanescence

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I was trying to buy it for a lower price and sell it for a higher price to make a profit (Typical tf2 person) so I wanted it as fast as I could get it, I wasn't paying attention to every little detail.
I was trying to hurry so I wasn't really paying attention to everything

A BIG BOLD ORANGE STRANGE WORD, is far from a little detail.

It's obvious as hell, and the first detail any typical tf2 person like you call is looking at. It's impossible to overlook a such detail when you buy to make profit. Specially when you had more than 600 trades (or around 30-35 pages of trade history) done previously this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.