Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
Summary:
Sandwich exploit in jailbreak.
Details:
There has surfaced an exploit that somehow allows red heavies to recieve sandwiches in jailbreak before leaving cells. I have not learned the cause of this yet and will update this as i find out. I have so far tried picking up a small health pack dropped by a red candy cane scout that someone said caused it. This did not work. My friend says it was a sandwich dropped by a blue heavy that was in the cell but as far as i can remember blue sandwiches only heal red heavies and never give sandwhiches. also blue heavies dont die in red cells at the beginning of the round.​

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I have never heard of this exploit before...although I've accidentally received them at the start of the round, and on other jb servers besides skial through a well known glitch (not exploit). Its probably just that and not an intentional exploit, I wouldnt worry about it.

TheMiningAlex

it breaks the function of the game when red heavies can heal and gain mini-crits

Also this was fixed once before

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Any guard can kill a heavy using only his melee, especially since the buffalo steak sandvich grants 25% damage vulnerability.

TheMiningAlex

plus they minicrit. that a lot of damage, catch a gaurd of gaurd and you 2 shot them. basically all of them. its not meant to be that way and give and unintended advantage

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
You can pick up a sandwich of any kind by getting any health pack. Some maps have them in areas not in armory.

TheMiningAlex

this was on minecart before cells opened and i tried picking up a health pack dropped by a candy cane scout as stated earlier. it did not yield a sandwich

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
and that glitch where reds who dont have ammo that drop it when they die? if they use the candycane, they drop a hp back, which aheavy can pick up for a sandvich...

TheMiningAlex

i have said 3 times now. i ran through a dropped health pack from a candy cane scout 5 times in cell and did not get a sandwich

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
i have said 3 times now. i ran through a dropped health pack from a candy cane scout 5 times in cell and did not get a sandwich

You are the only one that has brought it up...until someone else can corroborate... I don't understand what could cause it. You need to figure out how to do it first before worrying about it. Until you can figure it out, there is no point bothering.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Well I was there during the time and this happened only once and didn't repeat again. It might have been a small glitch or something so probably not anything to worry about.

D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
It's a known exploit, although I don't know if it's something that can be easily fixed. What happens is that a Red Heavy can get a sandwich prior to the round ending, or throw/consume it. In the next round, the loading bar for the sandvich is still "loading" from the last round. Normally, this bar is full and the Heavy can't use the sandvich (or whatever their lunchbox item is). During this second round, when the sandvich bar finishes loading, the Heavy will have access to their food item.

Using this exploit intentionally has always been bannable. I normally let people off with a warning who do it intentionally or by accident, but repeat offenders get banned. So please don't do it.

If I have time today, I'll cook up a short video to showcase the exploit.

Last edited:

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I know exactly how this works. I have done it years ago and still works today. Because it is a known issue I will not disclose how it works. We don't need players comming to jb and missing up game play just to "see if I could do it" or using as an exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.