Spadow

Mildly Menacing Medic
Hi there,

I play regularly in an idle server of Skial. Bottiger's 24/7 Idle to be precise. I don't actually idle, but play in that particular server to meet with friends or goof around.

If there is one thing that annoys me in that server, it is the option to enable/disable friendly fire through the !votemenu command. Do we really need this? Is this necessary?

No. It makes me frustrated to get killed by a team player, especially when you're killed by a Heavy trying to get out of the base camp. I like the server and I don't care if its idle or not, but most of the time I quit playing the server because friendly fire is on. Not to mention there is a 6-7 minutes wait depending on how many votes were through before it.

tl;dr: remove 'Friendly Fire' from the !votemenu in Bottiger's 24/7 Idle

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
inb4 "deal with it" gifs
also, it's an idle server, it's intentions are not too play on but simply idle, if you want to play TF2 and meet some friends, head over to other skial servers, join me on Turbine+ | US : )

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Deal-With-It_o_112683.gif

Hellgasims

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
+1
There's really no need for it other than to empty your server , well that is when it's enabled and I use it lol

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
+1
unless admins can be able to change mp_friendlyfire at will or give godmode-on-spawn to dead players

Jinx

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Why don't you just just manually vote on it? If your friends goof about on it, and everyone else is Idling, I don't think winning the vote is too difficult.

【ちんちん】 CHINCHIN

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
inb4 troll admins
-1 Grow a pair.

inb4 "deal with it" gifs
also, it's an idle server, it's intentions are not too play on but simply idle, if you want to play TF2 and meet some friends, head over to other skial servers, join me on Turbine+ | US : )
People use this as a hangout its more than just some idle place to most people/regulars. Sides whats wrong with improving the server.

Kira Yoshikage

Mildly Menacing Medic
I am beginning to suspect the voting is being rigged with those saying no. As a regular, those people either have not stood out to me on the server too well, are not regulars, new, or are not familiar with the server, therefore judging a book its cover, by thinking only of the usual idle system stereotype.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Also most of these admin responses.. Not really professional, you expect people to respect you and see you as a higher athority? Mmm Look into that please.
Lol you think everyone posting here is an admin? Also, sometimes people will not take what you have to say seriously, you gadda learn to deal with that. Admins are still human, not robots. (Besides @Sroy. ) Also when you're being immature and saying,
"inb4 troll admins" every so often. Why should we take what you say seriously anyway when you basically badmouth our admins.

I will put a +1 because I don't see the point of it even being on in the first place, but at the same time, you're doing idle wrong.

Last edited: