Spadow

Mildly Menacing Medic
Hi there,

I play regularly in an idle server of Skial. Bottiger's 24/7 Idle to be precise. I don't actually idle, but play in that particular server to meet with friends or goof around.

If there is one thing that annoys me in that server, it is the option to enable/disable friendly fire through the !votemenu command. Do we really need this? Is this necessary?

No. It makes me frustrated to get killed by a team player, especially when you're killed by a Heavy trying to get out of the base camp. I like the server and I don't care if its idle or not, but most of the time I quit playing the server because friendly fire is on. Not to mention there is a 6-7 minutes wait depending on how many votes were through before it.

tl;dr: remove 'Friendly Fire' from the !votemenu in Bottiger's 24/7 Idle

Reactions: Defibyoulater

noɹnʞıǝs

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1
After it's enabled, people start going heavy or demo.
Then they start spawn camping their own team, making the game unplayable.
Until it's voted out, all you can do is attack those who are camping, thus making you a spawn camper.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Its an idle server...
l-o-w-i-albums-lulz-picture57016-srs-bsns.jpg

【ちんちん】 CHINCHIN

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
friendly fire was always broken. flamethrowers and sniper primaries don't deal friendly fire, and you can't damage friendly buildings either
He said heavies, but thats not the only problem theres demomen in there spamming stickies and soldiers in that bunch as well, also there were only a few smart engies to spawn camp with the wrangler+sentry. JS

Reactions: Kira Yoshikage

Browŋies

Mildly Menacing Medic
Yea Friendly fire is annoying mostly when your leveling a weapon on idles and stuff and the spam is worst #RemoveFriendlyFire we don't hurt our friends!

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
He said heavies, but thats not the only problem theres demomen in there spamming stickies and soldiers in that bunch as well, also there were only a few smart engies to spawn camp with the wrangler+sentry. JS
I know. I stated that because some plugins have been rejected/removed due to being broken, and seeing how Valve abandoned friendly fire on release…

Angry Man Dan

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Its an idle server...

That is true, however I see no reason why this should keep Bottiger from removing friendly fire. Unless his schedule is honestly so packed that he can't do something like this, or I am misunderstanding the time and resources required to do such a thing (which is possible seeing as I have never done it myself), this would probably simply be another item on Bottiger's to-do list and I hope that he would make the time to improve his name-sake server.

That said, if you have experience with this sort of thing then I invite you to prove me wrong.