Ijikaru

Gore-Spattered Heavy
People are complaing about this situation since I play on the skial servers,it just doesn't make any sense to have Military Area on the servers containing a map pool cause their is already 2 servers with military 24/7.

So Military would be removed from these servers :

30a86fe602ba1db25a3a90cafaa92c66.png

And will still be available on the servers made for that :

7fce372eb7fae0628ef1909dc6d42f39.png

zaf

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
How was this declined, when 72% so far voted yes?

Military Area EU is almost always populated, where as regular VSH EU is empty quite a few times during the day.
So a lot of the times, when people join Saxton Hale EU it's to NOT play Military Area, since they could play that pretty much anytime of the day on a populated server.
What happens is, a few newer players who doesn't even know Military EU exists will vote for Military Area when it pops up, which then results in many players, who literally joined just to avoid Military Area, starts leaving including myself. I've seen the server die quite often because of this when the player count was low.

Adding to that Military Area's pick % is pretty low and usually maps with low votes are removed, so why not military? Rats office was removed quite quickly, when people didn't vote for it as much despite being a map people actually liked.
Sure, with the low pick % on the map it might not seem like a massive problem, but it's an easily solveable one, so why not just remove it?

Reactions: pax

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
How was this declined, when 72% so far voted yes?

Military Area EU is almost always populated, where as regular VSH EU is empty quite a few times during the day.
So a lot of the times, when people join Saxton Hale EU it's to NOT play Military Area, since they could play that pretty much anytime of the day on a populated server.
What happens is, a few newer players who doesn't even know Military EU exists will vote for Military Area when it pops up, which then results in many players, who literally joined just to avoid Military Area, starts leaving including myself. I've seen the server die quite often because of this when the player count was low.

Adding to that Military Area's pick % is pretty low and usually maps with low votes are removed, so why not military? Rats office was removed quite quickly, when people didn't vote for it as much despite being a map people actually liked.
Sure, with the low pick % on the map it might not seem like a massive problem, but it's an easily solveable one, so why not just remove it?
this ^
how is military any different from other maps? seems like it's being treated differently because ????

pax

I play a lot on military and I agree with you, I dont want to join the SAXTON HALE server and get in military after I just quitted it

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
which then results in many players, who literally joined just to avoid Military Area, starts leaving including myself.
If that 'many' players leave how did a vote pass for the map in the first place?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Plus I would like to add because you said "Suggesting that people switch servers is ridiculous." yes we are actually switching servers when the map is voted even if we are with friends I can give a few exemple. When I play with geekeuse we do change, zaf & kellie do change, upper change or beg for a rtv, Tru Darkian ask people to rtv for 10 minutes or change and the list continue like that.
Which server do you switch to? Military arena :D :D

Skull1

Master Mapper
If that 'many' players leave how did a vote pass for the map in the first place?
There are lots of maps that people vote for just the name or being in first option, when people see the map they disconnect, I have seen this sane thing happen in lots of maps.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
There are lots of maps that people vote for just the name or being in first option, when people see the map they disconnect, I have seen this sane thing happen in lots of maps.
You are using an age old flaw in an argument by saying people are dumb because they make choices you don't agree with or are not the choices you make. In this case you are saying they don't know better (thereby assuming your own reasoning is superior) so just choose anything, or the first on a list, when in reality, you haven't got a clue why people choose something, you are just supposing. Unless you asked them of course why they made that decision, or they continually say "I just voted option 1 cause I didn't know what else to press?"
Giiiiirl that joke wasn't cute I switch to other servers (not skial ones) that's why I didn't say more.
I thought it was quite humorous. And hey, you gotta play the field, no one whos sane put's all their eggs in one basket. btw, how did you know I was a girl? especially in this age of sexual ambiguity.

zaf

You literally have no clue what you're talking about. What are all these people doing on TF2 suggestions, when they don't even play on the servers? You have no idea what's happening on the servers, so maybe don't talk a bunch of bullshit on a subject you know nothing about?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You literally have no clue what you're talking about. What are all these people doing on TF2 suggestions, when they don't even play on the servers? You have no idea what's happening on the servers, so maybe don't talk a bunch of bullshit on a subject you know nothing about?
Just because you can't answer the question, no need to get mad.

zaf

Just because you can't answer the question, no need to get mad.
Your question is stupid, that's why i didn't answer it. It depends on how many players you count as "many", i'd say 5 people leaving is quite a lot, when TF2 is already a dying game.

However, there's no need for any players to leave, if military area wasn't even in the map pool. Quite simple honestly.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Your question is stupid, that's why i didn't answer it. It depends on how many players you count as "many", i'd say 5 people leaving is quite a lot, when TF2 is already a dying game.

However, there's no need for any players to leave, if military area wasn't even in the map pool. Quite simple honestly.
But it's the same as the forums, you don't get your way, have a tantrum, go off for a while and then are back with the same whiny shit, calling people stupid, getting all angry cause it's not all going your way and someone has the audacity to not think in the same shallow manner as you... grow up, it's been declined already.

zaf

But it's the same as the forums, you don't get your way, have a tantrum, go off for a while and then are back with the same whiny shit, calling people stupid, getting all angry cause it's not all going your way and someone has the audacity to not think in the same shallow manner as you... grow up, it's been declined already.
Reason why we still keep trying is because there's quite clearly only been positives and people agreeing on this, except for you two who don't even have a clue on how the servers work nor do you play on them.
Nobody called anyone stupid and no tantrums here, but i guess eye problems come with your age. I'm just saying you have no idea what you're talking about, which is quite true as neither of you don't even play on the servers.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Reason why we still keep trying is because there's quite clearly only been positives and people agreeing on this, except for you two who don't even have a clue on how the servers work nor do you play on them.
Nobody called anyone stupid and no tantrums here, but i guess eye problems come with your age. I'm just saying you have no idea what you're talking about, which is quite true as neither of you don't even play on the servers.

I'd like to see proof of me not playing on said server.

"as neither of you don't even play on the servers"

so.....we both DO play on the servers.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Nobody called anyone stupid or having tantrums, but i guess eye problems come with your age. I'm just saying you have no idea what you're talking about, which is quite true as neither of you don't even play on the servers.
I know how the voting system works... popular maps on a server get voted and people like playing on them. If people don't want to play a map it doesn't get voted.
Nobody called anyone stupid
Your question is stupid

zaf

I know how the voting system works... popular maps on a server get voted and people like playing on them. If people don't want to play a map it doesn't get voted.
Yes, that's the basics indeed and how it's supposed to work. Too bad it's just not how it always goes down.

Oh, i'm sorry did i offend your "question"? I didn't know it identified as a person :-(

zaf

I'd like to see proof of me not playing on said server.

"as neither of you don't even play on the servers"

so.....we both DO play on the servers.
You don't play on the servers tho. Show me proof, if you do.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You don't play on the servers tho. Show me proof, if you do.

I'm currently under tf2 witness protection program. I'm not allowed to share if I DO or DO NOT play on alternate steam accounts. That could jeopardize my identity.

I'm perceived as a player on the servers until it is proven that I am not. Thank you.

Oh Btw I always vote for military area.