kerpkek

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
There's an exploit involving +use on the triple elevators that causes them to stop moving and makes the map impossible to complete, and it seems to crash the server pretty frequently (it crashed last night). There are a lot of people doing it and sharing the method of how to do it openly right now and it's pretty annoying. Please consider removing it from rotation for now or at least replacing it with a different version of the map

edit: we're now on dr_pirate adventure and they're now doing it to freeze moving platforms on that map as well. It might be better to just remove the ability to activate +use completely, if at all possible

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
Second one looks related, very strange. But my last word will be just disable +use on that maps, I know you are scared if there is a map you didn't know that had the exploit crashing server but +use is a great feature for trap activators, so I would appriciate if you could just disable it on thoose maps.

But why can't people just hit the button then?

Skull1

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Master Mapper
But why can't people just hit the button then?
They can but some people prefer +use for 2 reason. It's silent and it instantly presses instead of the fist that has a delay after pressing the mouse.

Bottiger

Administrator
Doesn't it just take like half a second longer for your swing to go through? I can't imagine it being a huge delay.