Poopman777

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Howdy, so whenever I join a server, im greeted with an ad, I dont mind the ad at all, the only thing that really bugs me is how loud it is. My volume for tf2 is pretty low, and whenever the ad plays, it's as if I have it at max volume. I know im not the only person who feels this way, I constantly hear "oh wait hold on, I cant hear anything, the ad is playing" "why is this ad so loud? my eardrums." Alt Tabbing out of the game offers no help, I can still hear the ad.

I'd just like the ad volume lowered, if that's possible, or if there's something I could do to lower is on my side (not turning off the sound :P)

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Couldn't you just turn the volume down to minimum(or muted) on your Windows Volume Mixer? If you don't know which one it is, its titled Steam Client WebHelper. It's what I did, and I haven't had to listen to another ad on any server since... You will probably have to be in a server for it to show up in the mixer, juz fyi.

Reactions: Toxik

Poopman777

Contributor
Couldn't you just turn the volume down to minimum(or muted) on your Windows Volume Mixer? If you don't know which one it is, its titled Steam Client WebHelper. It's what I did, and I haven't had to listen to another ad on any server since... You will probably have to be in a server for it to show up in the mixer, juz fyi.
not appearing, or would I have to lower the volume on the mixer when the ad plays?

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
not appearing, or would I have to lower the volume on the mixer when the ad plays?
Ya, the Ad needs to be open for it to be there. When you first join a server, don't close the ad when it opens, instead tab out and open up the Volume Mixer. It should then be there.
steam_zps946fac72.png

Poopman777

Contributor
Ya, the Ad needs to be open for it to be there. When you first join a server, don't close the ad when it opens, instead tab out and open up the Volume Mixer. It should then be there.
steam_zps946fac72.png
Wow, thanks alot, the ads we soooo loud. I'll be sure to pass this along to other players who're having the same issue

Reactions: Genocide

Bottiger

Administrator
We do not have direct control over the volume. They are managed by a company that sells the space to individual customers. We will let them know though.